Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Defect ? Bands are falling off

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 is not even a month old and the bands are falling off. It seems the clips on the Charge 3 are failing already.

This is happening with original and accessory bands.

I've been chatting with Fitbit via Twitter Direct Messaging about this. Gonna have to get on the phone and request a warranty replacement it seems. In case you need it here is Fitbits phone number 877-623-4997

Best Answer
110 REPLIES 110

Same problem. Watch band falls off because the clip/notch is wearing down. A little disappointed because I have over 30 watches and have never had this problem before. Probably need a redesign of the clip on the watch.

Best Answer

I received my charge 3 just 10 days ago and immediately swapped out the white band for the black. Both strap parts locked in and no issues. Worn 24-7, swimming, working out and in shower. Yesterday decided to wear the white band. 1 part locks (part with buckle) but the other will not, no matter what I try. I've looked at the instructions for replacing a band (it's not rocket science). But based on this forum, I'm gathering that this is a recurring issue. Contacted Fitbit support, who suggested that I look at the instructions again or reach out to Amazon (from whom I purchased the charge 3). This must be a design or manufacturing flaw, given so many people having the same problem.Very disappointed and am considering returning everything (add'l strap, extra chargers and screen protectors) and getting something else.

Best Answer

I  had the same problem with my new Fitbit from Amazon.

I find that if you give the bands a good thug out, after you click them in, it locks the internal locking mechanism.

It worked for me and bands haven't fallen off since. 

I hope this works for you. 

Best Answer

I have had mine for 2 weeks and band has come away 4 times.  I have no confidence in it and am sure I will look at my wrist one day and it will be gone.  My alta hr connections were much better.  Will probably sell on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
That's exactly how I felt after having just received mine, back when I
posted this. It was coming off multiple times a day. It turned out I
didn't have it latched right though. After I got it right, it hasn't come
off since, and it's been since shortly after I made this post. I do a lot
of activities that would potentially tear it off too, and it's never come
undone.
Best Answer

I was having the same problem - what I did was put a drop of WD40 on the latch mechanism and exercise the release button. After repeating a couple of times, the latch works correctly and holds the band in place. Hope this helps. 

Best Answer

I've been through 3 of these devices and they're all garbage. This one had the band fall off, at first I thought it was the bands quality but the mechanism on the watch itself doesn't work. The spring sticks. These things are garbage and I'll never get another Fitbit. Anyone know of a fix?

Best Answer

Springs usually stick because of dirt getting into the mechanism. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree that was my first thought but I took a look, didn't see any debris,
I still scrubbed it with a toothbrush. It still doesn't work. There's
always a band on it, so nothing should be able to get in there easily; I
can't seem to fix the issue by scrubbing it.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I used my Water Pik to blast it clean, and a couple drops of WD-40 while
exercising the latch button, Worked for mine.
Best Answer
Thanks!! I'll try that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

What was your method of ensuring it is latched correctly?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I exercised the release buttons kept shooting it with WD-40 until the release button became flush (smooth) with the rest of the band. Been working great since, but I haven't released the band either. 

Best Answer

Thank you. That worked. I always wear mine and even so debris does accumulate in the crevice. Gave it a good cleaning and applied WD40 as you suggested. Will see how it does. 

Best Answer
Great - glad it helped. I am guessing the debris is dead skin cells and the
like. YUCK!!
Best Answer

Looked like dried shower gel lol. Still yuck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. With a magnifying  glass I can see the clips on the pebble are broke.  Fitbit support seems  to have no idea what I am talking about. It looks like the pebble is attached with 2 screws. Should be a part that can be replaced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
They sent me a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

The band started falling off after about 10 months.  I thought it was a defective band and threw it away.  I put the original band on and it falls off several times a day.  I keep it clean and have tried the wd40 mentioned in this thread but it does not work.  The button on the top will not move back up into place.   This is my third Fitbit and the worst.  Searching for an alternative but shouldn’t be after only a year.

Best Answer

I lost mine at mall because of this.  Luckily someone turned it in.  How do I get it fixed

Best Answer
0 Votes