Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Faded Display

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit screen started to fade. I noticed in November, and it continued to get worse. Now I can barely read the screen if I'm not in a dark room.

I've talked to Fitbit Support, and they gave me a 35% discount for a new Fitbit, and I was about to get a new one, but I discovered threads upon threads of people having the same issue and discovering that this is a common issue with a defective product.

I talked to the chat support again, and they tried to troubleshoot with me again and I notified them that I've tried that before and explained my situation. They quickly told me they'd contact me about the warranty and sent me away despite me trying to continue the conversation, and I know they will just say I don't have it anymore and "here's a 35% discount".

I hate complaining, but it seems that this is a popular issue with a crappy product, with the majority of people having this happen directly after their warranty expires. Seems the lifespan of these trackers are around two years. I worry if I get another that it will die on me after my new warranty ends, having the same thing happen. 

It's insane to me that I have to spend $100 again after two years on a new tracker because Fitbit created and sold a defective product. AND the defection was discovered a year before my tracker was bought (got it in 2020 and the screen fade was discussed in 2019) but I never heard about it and cluelessly continued on and now my warrenty is over. Seems like a ripoff.

Here's the previous forum with everyone having the same issue as me and given a discount to try and fix what Fibit screwed up: 

Solved: Charge 3 screen is fading - Fitbit Community

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there @wiltedsarah, it's good to have you in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I appreciate the comments and feedback.

You can order at any time the items sold on our website and apply the discount offered on items listed with regular price.

For more information I'd recommend you continue this with Support Team as there is already a case with them for this situation.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel like mine has always been like this. I just thought it was a bit rubbish and tried to find somewhere on the app to turn it up without success.  Won't get a fitbit probably next time even if offered 35% off!

Best Answer
0 Votes