Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 GPS tracking issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 is recording my travelled distances inaccurately - but only (it seems) over the first km or so.

I open the app and sync with my watch before starting each run, and ensure it is connected to my phone's GPS. However, It seems to lose the GPS signal again very quickly during the first km, before reconnecting about 5 mins later and assuming I have taken a straight line. With the windy route I run, this results in my first km split time consistently being about 10 min\km (due to the missed distance) when I am actually running ~4:30 min/km according to Strava.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? It completely ruins both the distance and average split times and makes the Fitbit pretty pointless.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi @robbiemeikle, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is not providing accurate GPS data. I totally understand how you feel about this.

Please restart your Charge 3 as described in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit device and it also included some troubleshooting steps for you to try.

After this, monitor your tracker during the next activities and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes