Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - Longer screen timeout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 has no ability to change the screen timeout. It is only about 4 seconds and not long enough to view the data. The Versa has the abolity to change the time from a minimum of 10 seconds up to a maximum of 60 seconds. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

There's a popular feature suggestion to change the Charge 3 screen timeout. If you'd like to add your vote you can find it here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Longer-Screen-Time-for-Charge-3/idi-p/3000626

Best Answer

This was bothering me also and I found out today that a coworker just got one of these and is also his top complaint...  I was messing with mine a little more now and did discover that I could keep it on if I kept my finger on the screen...  not ideal since that covers part of the screen and ties up your hand but at least allows more time to read what isn't covered...  Fitbit needs to do an upgrade to allow a configurable timeout...

Best Answer

Screen display time is ridiculously short on the Fitbit Charge3 making any available information on my wrist totally useless! This is completely fixable—so please get your team up to the task. Thank you!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @Nikotchka

I know that it would be great to have a longer screen timeout for the Charge 3. Please take a look at the Longer Screen Time for Charge 3 request, vote for it and leave your comment. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Keep the stepping up! Smiley Wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I agree - screen time out adjustment feature needs to be added - how about in the next update?

Best Answer

Hi @GeneralMike, welcome to the Community Forums. 

We know and understand that it would be great to have a longer screen timeout for the Charge 3.

As mentioned, you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

just place your finger on the screen and hold it as much as you can to increase the screen timeout. that when the display after flipping it on

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. I had figured that out, but appreciate your reply.
Best Answer

Maria, can't you see how insulting it is to tell your customers "we know and understand that it would be great to have a longer screen timeout for the Charge 3" ... and then to do absolutely nothing to fix the problem?
I have had mine for less than 24 hours and I'm already seriously doubting whether it can be used for its nominal purpose - the combination of ridiculously short timeout, and small fonts in pale grey so they're deliberately difficult to read, are just compounded by the sort of patronizing brush-off you gave.

Best Answer

Display time on my Charge 3 is too short to be functional. Many others have expressed this concern. I am returning it immediately and getting another brand. 

Best Answer

Fitbit has known about the issue for ages, and has shown no interest in fixing it. 
It looks like they are deliberately making this model unusable so they can try to up-sell their customers to more expensive models, but that untrustworthy and unethical approach will back-fire on them: people will just go to a competitor's product that works properly.

Best Answer

Couldn’t agree more! This is definitely something an intelligent developer can fix. Why provide a feature that is useless? Very frustrating. 

Best Answer

I received a Charge 3 for Christmas and after using it, I am returning it.  The time out on the screen is ridiculously short.  Not for serious people using the device to train.

Sorry - But I think Garmin is a better choice'

Best Answer

They don't care about us.   We got their product and they got their money.  Forget that you got a bad product and move on like I did.

Best Answer

Just bought my charge 3 and discovered this totally fixable but unaddressed problem. 
Returning it tomorrow. Rather spend more on a Garmin than be frustrated!!

Best Answer
I am requesting  a replacement Chage3 under warranty.  It fails to track mt steps.  I poke t get ti to work.wit a tch rep nd could no
Ken 

powell97738393120
Best Answer

I just bought and received a Charge 4. It has exactly the same stupidly short and non-configurable screen timeout. I would not have purchased this Charge 4 if I had known this had been an ongoing issue for many months. This can't possibly be a difficult problem to fix, so why haven't they corrected such an obvious product flaw. Instead, Fitbit has carried over the same flaw to their newest model. Totally baffling and unacceptable!

Best Answer
I have purchased 4 Fitbit’s over the years and can honestly say that with each new improvement they have refused to correct flaws in previous models. As much as I love the concept and design of Fitbit, I’m seriously looking for an alternative. Extremely disappointed!

Sent from Nika's iPhone XS
Typos by Apple
Best Answer

Sadly, my solution was to return mine and purchase an Apple Watch. 
Another serious issue with the Fitbit for me was insufficient screen brightness & resolution. Life is too short to suffer bad design. 

Best Answer