Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - Longer screen timeout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 has no ability to change the screen timeout. It is only about 4 seconds and not long enough to view the data. The Versa has the abolity to change the time from a minimum of 10 seconds up to a maximum of 60 seconds. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23
  • There is no point in having more apps available and more stats to track if the screen does not stay on long enough to view them. The versa makes little sense for me since I don’t have an android and I should be able to read what’s on my screen regardless, so please fix this feature on the Fitbit Charge 3. 
Best Answer

I just bought a Charge 3 and plan to return it. The screen timeout on device is ridiculously short and it doesn't look like Fitbit will change it anytime soon. Very disappointed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got one too and can't believe I spent quite a lot of money on a produce with such a basic limitation that renders it unusable. What???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Jbosten, Jay-Miller, et al.. It appears that the "Latest-Firmware-Update" for the Fitbit-Charge-3 (#28.20001.88.11) which came out during a "Phased-Rollout" during the Autumn of 2020 (Oct-Nov/2020) may have implemented a Screen-Timeout Setting.. There are three (3) values for this Adjustment, -- "Default, Medium, & Long", and they seem to correlate to approximately "4, 7, & 10 seconds" respectively.. One can access this "Screen Timeout Setting" via the "Settings" Screen on the Watch-Face... Have not been able to find the Screen-Timeout Setting on the Fitbit-App on the Smart-Phone.. To access the "Settings" Screen on the Watch-Face, one can either -- Tap the "Recessed-Button" on the left side of the Charge-3, or Twist/Turn your Wrist which will "Wake-Up" the Screen and bring up the Home/Watch Time-Face.. Now, "swipe" the Watch-Screen to left, 4 times, going past Exercise/Agenda, Relax/Timers, Alarms/Weather, and ending up on the "Settings" Screen.. Now, Tap the "Settings" Icon/Screen once.. This "Tap" will initially bring up the "Brightness" Setting.. Now Scroll Up from the bottom of the Screen, until you reach the "Screen-Timeout" Setting.. The First Value will probably be "Defualt" (~4 Seconds).. Now, Tap the Screen-Timeout and you will be shown an Info-Screen that warns you  that Increasing the Screen Time will reduce the Battery Life.. Tap the Recessed Button on the Left of the Watch, and the new value will be Medium (~7 Seconds).. If you Tap the Screen Timeout again, you will be presented with the Screen-Time Battery-Warning again, and just tap the Recessed Button on the Left of the Watch, and the Value will be increased up to "Long" (~10 Seconds).. Unfortunately, NOT all Screens will utilize the new "Medium/Long" Screen-Times, i.e. when adjusting certain Settings.. But, the "Text Messages" from Notifications, do appear to "stay on" the Screen for the Extended Times.. Hope this Helps..

Best Answer
0 Votes