Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Randomly Shuts off, unresponsive, fully charged

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my fit bit for about 3 months and the last week or so it has begun to randomly turn itself off. When I press the button on the side nothing happens and the lights on the back go out. When I hook it up to the charger it vibrates and the happy face comes up.  I was happening sporadically but is becoming more frequent. (Today it happened twice already) 😢 Please help, I’ve become very reliant on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome on board @BlissfulinBC! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is acting weird. I'll be glad to help! Woman Very Happy

Since your device is unresponsive, follow the restart instructions below.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
14 REPLIES 14

Welcome on board @BlissfulinBC! Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is acting weird. I'll be glad to help! Woman Very Happy

Since your device is unresponsive, follow the restart instructions below.

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display. 
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Hope that helps, let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried the reset and wanted to wait a few days before updating. I have had no further issues since trying this 🙂 Thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great news @BlissfulinBC! I'm very glad to hear your Charge 3 has been working fine after the restart. Thanks for sharing the outcome with me. 

Please don't hesitate to let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist. 

I hope you have a great day! 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

In the end it started doing the same thing again and finally quit. I have since had it replaced under the warranty. (This was actually quick and painless to do) thank you again! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I have theories the process of restarting as described (both with 8 seconds and 15 seconds attempts) multiple times with no luck. 

What else can be done to get my charge 3 powered on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I ended up having to get a new one. It was still under warranty so I was lucky.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have unfortunately ran out of warranty. So either may have to buy a new one or switch to another provider sadly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Charge 3 for my birthday (Aug 21) and it has shut down 2x now, both times in the middle of a run, which is super annoying because I wear the thing to track my exercise and steps, etc. It has been over 75% charged both times, so it’s not a low battery issue. Seems like I’m not the only one with this issue. 

Best Answer

You should still be able to replace it under warranty but I have ran out of the period so no choice but to buy another device.  Wish there was an authorized Fitbit repair centre with cost effective services.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, you're telling us how to restart it but,b not telling us why it shuts off randomly. I know I don't carry my charger with me, so when I'm out and about, I have no way of restarting it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried this method and I think my Fitbit is stuck in the rebooting phase. After it vibrates a bar appears and fills up. And then it just remains full and nothing else happens. When I disconnect from the cable it can only stay on when it's connected. 

Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines doing this too just started will not reboot 

Best Answer

I have this same issue. I have charged it and rebooted it. When I take it off the charger it says the battery is 100%. In about 30 secs it shuts down as if it were never charged. I put it back on the charger and it works but the battery says its 1%. In abt another 30 secs it's at 100% and charged. I've done this same sequence numerous times and it continues to shut down after removing from the charger.What kind of issue is this. My tracker is 6 months old.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same series of events. I've rebooted, Cleaned the terminals, deleted and reloaded software and I have made sure that my software is current. 

Best Answer
0 Votes