Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen Wake not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Wake is not working, it's turned on in settings. Screen works with button. I tried restarting, changed clock face

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Moonshiner1. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting. Please make sure that your Charge 3 hasn't gone into DND (Do not disturb) or Sleep mode. When any of these settings are activated: 

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

If that is not the case, I recommend performing a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete the process by following the steps below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After 5 or 6 seconds it shows a smile face then the clock appears for a second or so.. I continued to hold it for more than 15 seconds, the screen remains blank. I've also noticed the clock is showing an incorrect time and the stats fields are blank.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Moonshiner1 Thank you for following the suggested steps and for the specific details. 

Since the inconvenience has persisted, my best recommendation is to contact our Support Team for further assistance. You can contact them through chat or over the phone and you can click here to get connected. 

I also recommend explaining the inconvenience and mention the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer