Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen black

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've restarted it and also changed the clock face through the app.

Still black but the app updates. Can't read the time as the screen is black.

Losing patience with the fitbit hardware 😞

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Following- also getting frustrated…. 3rd Fitbit to do this!!!!

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem, tried restarting, left it on charge for longer than normal without any joy. The watch is still tracking everything, I have to log into the app though. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @TigerPhil @Christoff1467 @BrendaG60.

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. Thank you for trying to get them resolved before contacting us.

In addition to performing a regular restart and changing the clock face, please try a long restart:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Hope this helps.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer

Same problem and nothing works

Best Answer
They offered 35% discount for a new one. No thanks. I’m tired of dealing
with Fitbit even though I’ve been loyal through the years. Customer Service
is okay, not the products.
Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community, @Gordon67 @Wpja2353.

@Gordon67 I noticed that you've been in touch with Customer Support. I'm pretty sure they will do their best to provide a high level of support. Thank you for your patience while dealing with this situation.

@Wpja2353 Our team is constantly working to improve our products and services. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Best Answer

I guess the black screen is just a new feature and not screen failure. It's just trying to save power and extend the battery life.

Facing the same problem. I went through all the troubleshooting steps and the only solution I was given was to buy a new device with some discount.

Best Answer

I’m having same issue and now it won’t restart at all ! 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @FixMaTRckr @Rainclouddaisy.

If your Fitbit Charge 3 screen is dim instead of black, please make sure Do Not Disturb (DND) and Sleep Mode are turned off. For instructions on how to navigate your Fitbit device please visit this article.

@Rainclouddaisy If after following the troubleshooting steps shared above you continue having difficulties with your Fitbit device's screen, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Please click here to get connected.

@FixMaTRckr Thank you for your comments.

Have a nice day.

Best Answer
0 Votes