Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It’s bothering me more and more that I 
A. Cannot see my display in the summer (in bright light)
B. When the alert of an appointment happens, I can read the time, but not what it is…

anyone else problems… 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi, @Me_Lizzy , there is a setting on the Charge 3 to allow you to adjust the brightness.  Have you tried changing that?  From the main, clock screen swipe left until you come to “settings”.  Tap settings, and then tapping on “brightness” will toggle you from “normal” to “auto” to “dim”.  Auto will adjust the brightness depending on the light around you, but I usually prefer mine on “normal”.  

Having said that, I find that the colour screens are a little easier to read in bright sunlight.  The new Fitbit Luxe has a colour screen and you might find this works better for you if you do decide to change to a different model.  

Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, thought that was the issue….. really getting my mind now on saving for an apple watch…if I have to invest in another device to see the time properly 😞

Moderator edit: word choice

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Me_Lizzy. Welcome to the community forums. @Julia_G Nice to see you around and thanks for your input. 

I'm sorry for the experience and thank you for the information. Adding to Julia_G's post, sometimes the brightness can be affected if your tracker goes into Sleep Mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker’s screen to turn on.

But if this is not the case, I recommend contacting our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes