Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Screen went blank and it is not buzzing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit Charge 3 which is only 15 months old.

This morning after I fully charged the fitbit overnight, after about 1/2 hour of wearing the screen just went blank, the watch doesn't buzz and I've tried to reset the watch to no avail.

There's only 1 green light showing on the battery and it says the watch is on 15% on the app.

Not sure what to do now.

The watch seems to be dead.

Any help would be appreciated.

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @readk. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting. Since your Charge 3 might not be syncing due to the inconvenience you've explained, and this is the reason why you're able to see that the battery status hasn't changed in the Fitbit App. 

At this time, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3, a long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

On a side note, if you plug your Charge 3 into the charging cable and you don't see that it charges, you can also refer to this link for additional troubleshooting steps: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @readk. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting. Since your Charge 3 might not be syncing due to the inconvenience you've explained, and this is the reason why you're able to see that the battery status hasn't changed in the Fitbit App. 

At this time, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3, a long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

On a side note, if you plug your Charge 3 into the charging cable and you don't see that it charges, you can also refer to this link for additional troubleshooting steps: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes