Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

For the past 2 days, i am observing that i am losing my fitbit charge 3 battery life very quickly. I am starting my day with 95% battery after a charge of 1.5 hour but by the end of the day only 10% battery life is remaining.

Have restarted the Charge3 again but still no luck, please let me know how to fix this?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
57 REPLIES 57

I'm having the exact same problem with my Charge 3, six months old.  Has been working fine, a battery charge would last almost a week.  Then all of a sudden a few days ago it would only last a day, then less.  This morning again it was almost dead, so I charged it again, and by 5pm it was down to 9%, about 8 hours of charge.  I'm following this thread to see if there is a resolution, thanks.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Charge 3...it is barely a month old...

Best Answer

I have the same issue. Another problem is, I have all day sync on (and location) and the Fitbit won’t sync. I wait 5-10 fighting the sync, and uninstalling the app reset the Fitbit before it will sync. This is crazy! It’s only 6mths old. 

Best Answer

Samhimmel, this is what happened to my wife's Charge 3.  First she had the battery issue like mine is now having, then hers stopped synching.  It seemed as if Bluetooth just stopped working.  We made the mistake of unpairing her Charge 3 from her phone, and it would never pair again.  In fact it was as if the Bluetooth radio was not working at all.  They eventually sent her a new one.  You should call Fitbit support and let them go through the troubleshooting steps with you, and maybe if it doesn't work they will send you a new one too.  Honestly I am beginning to wonder if this Charge 3 has some serious firmware issues.  Fitbit, if you are monitoring this thread, you might want to chime in here.

Best Answer
Thank you for this information. I did delete the the app and then deleted
the Charge, it took forever to sync. I then immediately thought it was the
Fitbit Bluetooth. I loved my other Fitbit, but this product has some
issues.
Best Answer

Hello everyone @Samhimmel@diksha.gupta, @jtp3jacket, and @Jilsmom! Thanks for reporting this situation and for already troubleshooting the battery on your Charge 3.

If you've checked the help article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life? and the battery is still draining drastically, can you please let me know the name of the clock face you guys are using? Have you tried switching to a different one and see if the issue persists during the next couple of days?

Please let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Double Stat clockface
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have changed clock face styles twice, because the screen keeps going blank. The technician advised me to change faces, which I do, when the blank screen arises. I have used Asymmetrical, retro and Hr Stat.   The battery issue is still a problem and the all day sync. I have called Fitbit two times now.  I’m ready for a new Fitbit. Thank you 

Best Answer

Do you have specific instructions that actually fix or reset a batteries life?  You can’t honestly tell me that after 6 months of use it’s now the clock face setting that is draining the battery. 4 days ago I changed 1 setting to ensure my charge 3 device is using battery saving options - I basically have everything turned off and this is now a glorified wristband and the battery still drains fast. 

Returning it to the store is ridiculous if this is a constant problem. 

Best Answer
Hi,

I am using the analog stat clockface and it's the same one that I have
been using since March and have not faced any problems till now except for
the past two days.
Best Answer

I am also using the double stat clock face, will try changing it to the previous one.  FYI, last evening my Charge 3 had once again gone to 10% charge in 8 hours of normal use.  I charged it up to 100%, and at 9:30pm I unplugged it but did not put it on my wrist.  I turned off my phone, and left the Charge 3 alone all night.  So no heart rate, no display turn on, no synch, no activity.  At 5am I got up and checked it, it was at 10% again.  Burned the battery down just sitting there doing nothing.

Best Answer
I have changed it to analog date but battery is still draining.. charged it
to 75% in the morning and at 12 it's only 16% left.

Only using the Fitbit for logging and tracking..
Best Answer
I think Fitbit 3 just has issues. When I called the company We’d they had
me go in and hit about on my Fitbit screen and erase all. Then deleted from
the app. It last a day longer than it has been. Fitbit, pls respond to
everyone. We know you are monitoring this conversation. Pls don’t tell us
it our clock face, that’s just crazy.
Best Answer

Yeah no change here.  Changed clock face last night back to the Charge 2 Retro, which I had been using since I bought it.  Wore it to bed, left  Screen Wake turned off (which I have done for several days), and set the screen brightness to Dim (also for several days).  No help, this morning it was dead when I woke up.

Best Answer

Following. I'm having a similar issue. Got my Charge 3 in February. Just recently I've had to recharge it every few days. It seems the time is getting shorter too.

Best Answer

my fitbit worked fine for about a month. got it in May and in June the battery keeps going dead. i had no problem with fit bit 2  at all got this once for swimmimg amd aerobics i charge every 2 days now it seems to get short er and shorter. something wrong with these fitbit 3., to many people same problem. i got mind as a mothers day gift. i think you are to let people return them since they not working bad product.and we need to spread the word so people dont buy the charge 3  cause its defective. they need to investigate and fix the problems. fitbits arent cheap

Best Answer

Hi There,

I have few problems to raise.

I am having a problem with the charging of my fitbit charge 3.

The battery life does not last for 7 days as advertised.

I normally have to charge my fitbit every 2 or 3 days.

When the life of the battery goes low (at 30%) the details (ie. time, date, steps and heart beat, etc), no longer appears on the face of the watch.

Only the emoji smiley face is showing.

Also, the sleep hours does not correctly show the right sleep hours. (ie. I slept for 8 hours however the reading on my phone is showing only 4 hours).

I bought this watch last May 2019 in US.

Do you have any authorized dealer that I can also show this problem.

Pls. advise.

Thank you

Norma

Best Answer

Hi. I have been having the same issue. I bought mine in February. I'm now having to recharge every few days. I've gone through the article but if I have to turn everything off there's really no point to the Charge 3. I see there have been a number of other similar posts. Does Fitbit have a solution for this? Thank you.

Best Answer

The same thing is happening to me.  It’s like it won’t hold a charge

Best Answer