Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 battery draining quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 battery dies daily.  I fully charge it and it is dead by night.  Is this normal?  Can I order a replacement battery? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @TarynAnn, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about your Charge 3's battery behavior. 

As per the description, it seems that it has insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. You can find more detailed information in the help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Also, I'd like you to review the tips and recommendations provided in the article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

As a friendly reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on battery life and may cause your battery to drain more quickly:

• Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your tracker
  • Frequently receiving notifications
  • Frequently checking your stats
  • Using Quick View. 

If you still believe your battery is not lasting as long as expected, we’d like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:

1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described here.
  2. Fully charge your tracker.
  3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
  4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around and glad to further assist you. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there @TarynAnn, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for the details provided about your Charge 3's battery behavior. 

As per the description, it seems that it has insufficient power source. Where do you charge your tracker? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub. You can find more detailed information in the help article: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Also, I'd like you to review the tips and recommendations provided in the article: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

As a friendly reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on battery life and may cause your battery to drain more quickly:

• Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your tracker
  • Frequently receiving notifications
  • Frequently checking your stats
  • Using Quick View. 

If you still believe your battery is not lasting as long as expected, we’d like you to do a battery test to see how long your battery lasts after a full charge. Please do the following:

1. Disable the features that can impact battery life as described here.
  2. Fully charge your tracker.
  3. Sync your tracker 5-6 times a day. 
  4. Wear your tracker until it is fully depleted.

Let me know how it goes, I'll be around and glad to further assist you. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the charger plugged into a single USB box plugged into the wall. I turned off all notifications. Yesterday I charged it in the AM, left it at home and it was dead by night.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @TarynAnn, thanks for getting back and letting me know the outcome. I'm sorry for the delayed response. 

Since none of the steps recommended have worked, I went ahead and created a case for you with our Support Team. Someone will reach out to you soon to offer their assistance. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this account. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to help you in the meantime. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly the same thing happens to me. I fully charged by Charge 3 yesterday - 3 times! And it went to dead very quickly. I fully charged it before bed and it was turned off by the morning. I’m so disappointed as all my stats are not accurate now. Please help me, it has been an ongoing issue for some time. 

Best Answer

I am so disappointed with the charge 3. My first one ended up with white lines through the screen and now this one won’t charge.  

I upgraded to the Charge 3 thinking it would be better than the Flex and Flex 2, but I totally regret it.  Waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Diditowns, welcome on board. I totally understand how you feel. I was about to create a support case on your behalf, but I've seen you contacted our Support Team after posting here and that they have helped you with this. Please make sure to reply back to your case after performing the battery test they recommended. 

Hi @TarynAnn, thanks for getting back. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback for the Fitbit trackers.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. Then, if the tracker is deemed defective we review eligibility using the one year warranty option.

Additionally, our products are indeed designed and made to last (this goes for each product component) however, there is not an infallible way to ensure that no issues will be present in the long run. Because of this, our Warranty Policy is set into providing as much coverage as we can.

I created a support case on your behalf the last time you posted here. Please stay tuned to your inbox, someone will contact you shortly. 

Let me know if there's any questions present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My battery shows 100percent in Morning, 60percent at night and dead by next afternoon. i tried your recommendations and still the same outcome less than 2 days use on a charge, it lasted more than 7 days on a charge before 2 weeks ago then over night 2 days on a charge and now less

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Dazgremlin69, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for the details provided and for taking the time to follow the tips and recommendations I provided above.

Since this sounds a bit more serious, I've created a support case on your behalf - you should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to let me know. 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 battery has been draining very quickly for the past week. It use to last up to seven days. I did not change my usage and have been using the same wall plug in for the past two years. But now I can’t even keep it alive 24 hours it is very disappointing.

Best Answer

omg, I went through the same exact issues!! 

first charge 3 had the white lines

now this charge 3 is dying before the day even ends

Best Answer
0 Votes

As a friendly reminder, the following are some factors that have an impact on battery life and may cause your battery to drain more quickly: Frequently checking the Fitbit app, which syncs your tracker. Frequently receiving notifications. Frequently checking your stats.

Regards

Best Answer
0 Votes