Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 seems to be recording my steps and vibrates when I press the side button, however, the screen is black. I have tried a soft reset and a hard reset. Neither one seems to work. I’ve also tried changing the clock face. Help! 

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome aboard @Cwhite22. I'll be happy to assist with your Charge 3 black screen inquiry. Thanks for letting us know that you've tried a soft and hard reset and changing clock face. 

With soft and hart reset did you mean the long restart. and restart.

I'll be waiting for your reply. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just to clarify I meant reset and factory reset. 
I tried both my screen showed me nothing. I did feel a few vibrations, but that was it. 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @Cwhite22. I'll be glad to continue assisting with your Charge 3 inquiry.

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer  support representative will contact you soon.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea, same thing is happening my Charge fitbit. Completely black screen and resetting doesn't do anything but can feel vibrations 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Paulyhoop. I'll be happy to assist with your Charge 3 black screen inquiry. Thank you for resetting your tracker before contacting us. Let's find a solution for this.

Please change your Charge 3 clock face and the long restart.

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Andrea,

Thanks for replying so quickly. This is all I get when I try to change the
clock face on the app.

And the long reset didn't seem to work either!
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for following advised troubleshooting steps @Paulyhoop. You're welcome. I'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Woking today, suddenly stopped working/black screen tried all advice online and still not working. 

It's on charge now and no battery lights/picture showing 

Best Answer

I am having this issue as well My screen went black.  I reset it and now it is back.--- but so light I can barely read the  see the information on the screen. I can not read it at all if I am outside.    I have tried to adjust the brightness setting however it wll not change.  Carol Ann Rupeka

Best Answer
How do we fix it?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I’m having the same problem & I have tried all the recommendations to restart & change the clock face but nothing works there is something seriously wrong with your software as I’ve only had this pebble since September after having a replacement one sent out because the last one had vertical lines down it after only about 8 months of having that pebble because my original one went black like this one 😔

I should not have had to report a problem twice let alone 3 times in less than 2 years it’s absolutely ridiculous...... This is my first ever Fitbit & I love my Fitbit when it works unfortunately I’ve had so many problems with it, it is really putting me off purchasing a newer one please please fix the problem so this doesn’t keep happening. 
This is a very common problem so really should have been dealt with a lot sooner......it’s very disappointing as your fitness trackers/watches aren’t cheap. 

Best Answer
Who do we report to other than via the community thing?? Ideally I want to
be contacting someone from Fitbit directly?
Best Answer

Woke up this morning and my fitbit screen is completely black. Exact same issue as everyone else, I can feel vibrations, but both the reset and factory reset don't do anything. I also tried changing the clock face and doing both resets and still have the same black screen. Please help!

Best Answer

Fitbit has a contract number but it’s only open Monday-Friday 

Best Answer

I was told to hold the side button and make sure my fit bit was not in sleep mode.  It did not help, still cant see the screen.  Now they are sending me my warranty options. This is very frustrating  love this devise but it is not useful now??? Not sure to trust a new one?  Frustrated.

Best Answer