Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It seems my Charge 3 broke down last evening after some 6 days of usage. At around 22:30, when I was reading in bed, it vibrated shortly as if there was a notification. The screen stayed black though; there is no display. From that moment on the Charge 3 has been unresponsive. Screen as well as button doesn't react to touch or presses any more. The heart rate sensor is emitting light constantly (green all the time, instead of slow flicker).

Connecting it to the charger doesn't change anything: no charge indication and symptoms stay the same. So no way to reboot either.

What to do next?

I'll contact my supplier in the evening, have a busy day at work today

HR sensor on all the time...HR sensor on all the time...button and screen don't react to touch or pressesbutton and screen don't react to touch or presses

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177
Yes, I have followed all the suggestions correctly AND my battery is fully charged.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
You need to call Fitbit because yours is broke. By dead I was talking about the battery not taking a charge. Anyway call them and they will help you.
George

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Did you figure out how fix it. Mine is doing the same thing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it fixed it, but eventually the screen started to pixelate and I had to have it replaced. I’ve had it replaced twice now! Thank God I bought the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve had it twice and it took a different fix both times. Try going onto your app and changing the clock face (I’ve no idea why that works but it sometimes does). You can change it straight back to the one you prefer as soon as it starts working again. But the first time it happened I had to let the battery go flat so it would shut down and recharge it from there which also fixed the problem. I’ve heard on the forum that putting it on charge and holding the button in for several seconds while charging also resets it if changing the clock doesn’t but that didn’t work for me.

Hope you get it fixed.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. They sent me a new one
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine cant be fixed so they set me a new one instead.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lala
Sadly mine wasn’t responding and screen went black. They replaced mine, which was great 👍. Good luck with yours.

Sent from my iPhone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just experienced this. I purchased my Charge 3 directly from Fitbit about 2yrs ago. Within I would say 6months I started experiencing problems; inability to sync, unable to locate device(even though I was standing beside my phone with location Bluetooth and wifi enabled), display would go black. I reinstalled the unit numerous times over the last 2yrs, completed more processed more hard reboots than Inca the count on both hands, processed updates as they were sent by Fitbit, never wore the unit in the shower, made sure to clean the device and kept it charged(it was never completely dead).  I was always able to get the display to come back by placing it on the charger and doing the 8s hard reboot until the smiley face  would pop up. Today after a bike ride I went to look at my watch and the screen showed a couple white lines. I attempted the hard reboot several times and my screen has remained black. It would buzz but no smiley face. I changed my clock face as I saw on a few suggestions. This did not resolve my issue. I asked Fitbit several times a for help and it was always the same advice(hard reboot). Of course two years later I don't have proof of purchase and my investment that I hoped would last longer than my previous Fitbit is now electronic trash. 0/2 with Fitbit. Not purchasing this brand ever again. 

Best Answer

My screen is blank but seems to still be transmitting data to my app.  Is this the same as yours?  How do you reboot it if you can’t see the screen?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.I went on the app and changed the clock face. Worked for me.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, to reboot connect the charge 3 to the charging wire. Push and hold the button on the side if the charge 3, through the slot in the charging wire for about 30 seconds. This should reboot your fitbit charge 3 and it should return to normal.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I woke up and my Fitbit charge 3 was unresponsive it dose not buzz when I hold the sides or put it in to the charger. The screen is totally black. What should I do?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had three Charge 3 units and have had the same issue on all 3...best solution short of trying to work it out with tech support is to change the clock face on your phone.  It has worked for me, but it is a pain that you have to do it every time the watch goes dark.  Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go onto the app and change the clock face for some strange reason this worked for meSent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Take off the wrist straps from fitbit and clean contacts, I couldn't believe how dirty it gets and that resolved my issue. Maybe it will help. Put back together and put back on charger.
Best Answer
0 Votes

And 15 months later, after a replacement unit, it's happened again. Really not good enough.

Best Answer

Crazy! I am currently having another issue having only had my last replacement since November last year! Constantly flashing screen and vibrating unit. I have tried to reboot but I now have a more or less unresponsive unit 🤯. Not good enough! Time to contact Fitbit Support yet again 🙄

Best Answer