Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All!  I bought my Charge 3 this past Sunday and it seems to be working for the most part.  But when I turn my wrist towards my face (watch on that wrist), the screen is black. I hit the left side to activate the screen and it is blank.  If it does happen to turn on, it seems as if it has restarted and cannot read my heart rate.  It takes a couple seconds but then begins.  I just wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this.  I am not doing anything different from the ordinary (i.e. taking off my charge 3 or attempting to restart it, etc.)  

I appreciate any feedback or advice!

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

It's nice to see new faces around @msmithsnyder. I'll be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 inquiry. Thank you for letting us know that you have taken off your Charge 3 and attempted to restart your device. 

Does your device turn off every time you turn your wrist towards?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Andrea, no only sometimes. It happens only once in a day. Since I’ve had it since Monday 10/8, I’d say it has happened about 3 times total, as of today 10/12. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having a similar issue... I received my new Charge 3 on 12/11. I charged it up fully and synced it with my mobile FitBit app on 12/12. This morning (12/13), the screen is completely blank. I've tried turning my wrist, tapping the left side, pinching the two sides, tapping the screen, and plugging it into the charger. Still no luck, i.e. nothing showing on the screen. I know that the battery has a charge because it vibrates when I tap it on the left side or pinch the two sides. I'm eager to take it for its maiden swim, but I'm unlikely to do so if I can't see the screen.

Best Answer

Thank you for coming back to us @msmithsnyder. Please keep an eye on your device and if the issue persists, please let me know. 

Welcome to the forums @SwimmerAdam! Let me help you turning your Charge 3 screen on again. Thank you for the steps you have followed in order to resolve this issue. 

Could you please restart your device and let me know if it turns on.

Keep on visiting the community! Robot LOL

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbitHi Andrea - I have had a similar problem.

Could we please speak about this?

Customer serviced helped me, never mind!!!

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did they give you a solution?

Hi @AndreaFitbit

I updated to the latest version software and the problem still permits.  Thoughts?

Moderator edit: updated post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit is doing the same thing... i am extremly disapoonted. I don’t understand, the screen is completely black, even when charge and even with mw trying to restart it. What should i do

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that customer support has already helped you with this issue @b_sock

@msmithsnyder, thank you for letting me know that you have updated your Charge 3 to the latest version.

Welcome to the forums @Chloe0202!

In order to assist you could you please confirm these steps:

1. Your device vibrates when you press the button.
  2. Your Charge 3 screen turns on when you plug the device into the charger.
  3. Confirm that you have restarted your device with How do I restart my Fitbit device? help article steps.

I look forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit,

I can confirm:

1) Yes, my Charge 3 vibrates when I hit the button.

2) Yes, the screen turns on when I plug the device into the charger. 

3) Yes, I have restarted it. Several times. 

The problem still continues.  Over the weekend, the problem occurred twice.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for confirming that you have followed the recommended steps @msmithsnyder.

In order to further assist you, I have created a case on your behalf and a Customer Support representative will contact you soon. Please check your email.

Thank you for visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Was happening to me too

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is less than a week old and today the screen went black with flashing green light! It won’t do anything ☹️

Best Answer
I had to return mine 😞

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the forums @Sporty10@Krobo and @msmithsnyder. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you with your Charge 3 blank display issue.

@Sporty10 and @Krobo, could you please confirm that you have followed the troubleshoot steps from my previous post.

I'm sorry you had to return yours @msmithsnyder

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m now 4 days on a single battery charge, at 57%.  No blank screen in that time.  I reset the unit numerous times prior.  Plugged into my computer.  Not sure what fixed it, but seems okay now.  Hoping!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your experience @Sporty10. I'm glad to hear that your Charge 3 screen turned on again. 

Let me know if you have more questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem. This is the second charge 3 I have had. I figured the 1st one was defective. I set up the new one I got today and now I go to check the time and the screen stays black. Push the side button and I can feel a small vibration but the screen doesn’t light up. 

So so here is my question: do I need to carry my charger with me at all times to do a reset since this seems to be the only answer to the problem. 

Another concern is I feel like the notifications are 50/50 on working. 

Update 1/16/19-- the 2nd Fitbit Charge 3 would go to the logo screen and error code daily.  

I have returned both and gone back to my charge 2.  This product feels like it was rushed without checking the software to see how it would work in real life use.  Maybe Charge 4 will be better! 

Please help 

Best Answer

I have had my fitbit charge 3 for about a month and a half now and I am having the same exact issue with mine. One min it worked and the next it is just a blank screen, it vibrates when I touch the side button but the face screen is completely black?.... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit charge3 went black how do you fix it

Best Answer
0 Votes