Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 3 suddenly has a blank screen it still vibrates and it will still sync to the app but I can’t see anything on the screen

I’ve tried plugging it into charger and resetting it but nothing happens I’ve even tried changing the clock face on the app it just stays blank

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi @Nat82, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that the screen of your Charge 3 became blank and it won't turn on. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try a long restart. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again and see if the screen turns on and works properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

No it doesn’t work I’ve tried this almost half of the day yesterday nothing seems to get the screen to light up 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is approximately 2 years old i believe. Last Saturday it would just randomly vibrate and the clock watch would light up and something would pop up. It's like it was spazzing out. I had a busy day so kept going. It tracked none of my steps and the screen stayed black all day. 

When I got home the app said I had a software update for my device. Thought it would solve my problem and the screen on my device showed the update progress and went black again after that. I get the occasional smiley face when I plug it into the charger. Did a long reset and the app said my battery was at 4% but can't seem to get the smiley face to show up or vibrate when i plug it in. 

Suggestions? If I have to purchase a new device I'm gonna pass. Should last longer. 

Best Answer

I agree they should last longer.

I’ve had mine for maybe 10 or 11 months and by the sounds of it i will have to buy a new one which I am not impressed 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I looked back, I bought mine Thanksgiving 2019 so it's only a year old. I've barely used it for a whole year. I got my screan to turn on but it does dead in a few hours. My phone can see it when I turn my bluetooth on but they won't connect. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app twice then removed my device from the app and when I tried to re add the device it doesn't work. I'm pretty fed up especially now discovering my charge 3 is only a year old! I would think there would be some kind of warranty being our trackers aren't that old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes