Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Face has gone black..

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @duboisfield , it's great to have you in the Community.

I appreciate you reach out to the Community. I'd recommend you follow these steps to restart your device.

You can try to change your clock face, if this fixes the issue, you can change it back to the original clock face. If you are using a third-party clock face, please switch to a Fitbit clock face and try the troubleshooting again.

Also check if the Sleep Mode or Do Not Disturb Mode are On in your device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This absolutely does not work. Any other suggestions. My tracker 3 is almost new and all I get is the Fitbit logo and the 001. 

please what else will fix this issue? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Habitaz, it's good to see you around in the Community.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this "001 error" by yourself. If the information provided didn't work, perform a long restart:

• Plug the device into the charging cable.
  • While the device is plugged into the charging cable, hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  • Remove your finger from button. Note: Device won't have a smiley face icon and should be off with a black screen.
  • Remove the device from the charging cable.
  • Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  • The smiley face icon appears on the screen.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll try

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately I have tried everything that has been suggested. Multiple times and very meticulously and nothing has worked. My Fitbit is junk and my support of this company is no more. I should have gotten so much more use out of all three trackers I have owned. All three had issues, one was replaced only to have a new issue about two months later. I don’t know what it is but those Fitbit three charges are lemons. Company doesn’t seem to care a whole lot

Best Answer

The Charge 3 is a fitness tracker manufactured by Fitbit. It has a dark display, which means the background of the screen is black, with white text and icons. This can help to conserve battery life and reduce glare in bright lighting conditions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok.. what can be done to see the screen??

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi;

I first had this problem in 2021 and nothing worked to resolve the issue so I put the Charge 3 in a drawer with the hope that some sort of app update would resolve the issue.

At the time I suggested to tech support that they should update either the iOS App or the settings feature in our online accounts to allow us to change the brightness there. We can set alarms, change clock faces, and so on, but not a simple thing like changing the brightness when the charge goes into "DIM" mode which, judging by the issues online here, happens a fair amount. 

I've checked all the current brightness issues still popping up, tried them all again, and still no luck. My Charge 3's tracking works very well, alarms all work, and so on. I just can't see the screen.

I'm putting the Fitbit back in the drawer and I'll pop in again in a year or two and see if there's been any simple updates to solve the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes