Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been having issues where my screen fades to almost black.. numbers, and words are so muted I can’t read. And I have my settings to brightness on auto. Very very annoyed with this.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
17 REPLIES 17

Hi there, @lindam84. Thanks for stopping by in the Fitbit Community Forums and sharing the details about the issue with your Charge 3. I understand how you must be feeling. 

Please restart your Charge 3 as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device? If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did do that. It’s finally restarted last night however, this morning it
is once again so dim that I can barely see what’s on the screen.. 😫
Best Answer

Hi I also have the same issue. And nothing is working to brighten the screen. I can't see it at all as its so dim. 

What other options do I have?

Best Answer

I have had exactly the same problem. The Solutions work but they are temporary. Sometimes 24 sometimes 48 hours. I have been a loyal Fitbit user for a number of years, but I am weary of having to replace the unit every few years. I am going to switch vendors.

Best Answer

Having same problem! Called customer service they didn't help! Will not restart. Battery fully charged, Bluetooth working.! Screen still black!

Best Answer
I’ll be honest I just keep resetting & changing the clock face like alot of
people were saying . It brings it back up sometimes for a day sometimes for
two days. So I figure until I have the option to buy something else I guess
I’m gonna be doing that.😆
Best Answer

Was offered a 35% discount on a new watch and was sent a code. This is the second time I've gotten a bad watch. I'm not sure if it's worth investing in another Fit bit with so many other options with someone else. It seems that Charge 3 is problematic or obsolete. Many people are experiencing the same problems.

Best Answer
I agree!
Best Answer

It’s so frustrating especially when I was asked if I possibly had it on do not disturb or my brightness was on too light and I said well I said I’m pretty sure I didn’t do that but if I could actually see my screen, I could maybe go and look if it was mistakenly turned on.🙄 And then I was told that since my Fitbit is no longer under warranty, there’s not too much they can offer me except a discount if I want to purchase a new one with a few exceptions, of course.😆

Unfortunately, I’m thinking I’m gonna have to go away from Fitbit and look into getting an Apple Watch 

Best Answer
Oh that sounds almost exactly like what I went through!!
Best Answer
Yes it seems this is a recurring issue .😟
Best Answer

Came here to ask how to fix this. It’s syncing, full battery, etc. I’m only using it for a study as I have an Apple Watch now but if the screen is black how can I use it?!

Best Answer

I have exactly the same problem and this is the second Fitbit watch that has given me trouble.   It's such a nuisance.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is my third, which explains why I am done with Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Unfortunately, your guess is as good as mine. Mine is still very very dim.
I don’t want to jinx myself, 🤞but it has not gone completely to black
screen in a few days.
Best Answer

How many users need to tell you THIS DOES NOT WORK!

Best Answer
I'm sure the company doesn't care and is hoping folks will upgrade to a
later model.
Best Answer