Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep getting error to update or download app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been in love with this thing! Until I realized it has not been syncing for about a week. I have Googled answers and nothing seems to be working. I have completely removed the app multiple times and reinstalled; I have reset the fitbit itself. I have tried setting it up and each time the message is the same. It seems to connect over Bluetooth and then the device says I need to download or update the app. Oh yeah, I have also taken the device off my Bluetooth list; restarted Bluetooth; and nothing seems to change the error. 

I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 16.5 (also updated this in a futile attempt to get everything going again). I have whatever the version of the Fitbit app is that would have downloaded today. 

So frustrating! I don’t like to walk without getting credit on my Fitbit anymore:). Plus I earn money through my insurance so I really don’t want to lose my user data. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Audreycarmical , A war, welcome to the Community! Thank you for your message and efforts. 
The message on the Charge 4 to download the Fitbit app means that the tracker must be paired to your account. 

Follow the steps here to setup the device to the account. 

Should you encounter any difficulty have a look at this Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes