Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 blank screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can't read the unit's display. Both of my Charge 3's are dark. Did you guys turn them off in an update?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
31 REPLIES 31

The same thing happened to mine.

Best Answer

Same here, can't get anything other than a black screen

Best Answer

Same with mine. Its so annoying. 

Best Answer

My phone is blank. Updating on the app. Have tried the fixes posted online but they do not work 

Best Answer

Mine too! Doing a long reboot didn’t do anything & I can’t see anything on the screen. 

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums Everybody.

Thank you for taking the time to share the details about the inconvenience with the devices. Sorry to know the situation. 

Please, try to sync the device as indicated here:

1. With your device nearby, open the Fitbit app and tap Today.

2. Press and hold on the screen and pull down.

If your tracker is unresponsive:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button to restart your tracker:
  5. Charge 2—press and hold the button on your tracker for 4 seconds. When you see the Fitbit logo and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  6. Charge 3- press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.

In case the device is still having difficulties, please change the clock face

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the exact same issue and I’ve tried restarting it and changing the clock face and it’s not doing anything

Best Answer
Blank display

My Charge 3 collects information as it should. What I object to is the most recent software update has turned off the screen so I can't read it. I'm afraid if I follow your instructions to reset or restart the unit, it will be rendered useless.

Please fix the update so that my screen will work as it is supposed to. I'm not going to buy another FitBit if you won't fix what you did.

Regards, Joan Soo
Best Answer

I’m having the same problem and on top of that my Charge 3 refuses to sync. I haven’t used it in a year, so I don’t think it’s hardware related 

Best Answer

Same issue.  Also I am not able to find option for adjusting the brightness of the screen from the app. It was there earlier. 

Best Answer

Like others I am having the same issue. I've followed the instructions above and it still isn't working 

Best Answer

We’ve all tried your fix and it doesn’t work. Please follow up with your customers and resolve this issue. 

Best Answer

I had that same problem. I tried everything but you can’t do anything when your screen is black. I did the phone trick they said to try and I have NO idea why, but my screen came back. On Fitbit app on your phone go to the today screen where you can see your steps today and then hold and swipe the phone screen down. You will see a progress bar quickly go across the top of your screen and the next time I tried to wake up my phone a minute later, it was back! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Walksteps.

Thank you for your message. I was able to wake up the Fitbit in the sense
that I can see things again on the app, however I have nothing on my watch
screen. It is blank. Reading through the posts it was evident that many
owners are having this problem.
Best Answer

My Charge 4 is also having this problem. I have tried every suggested action and my screen is still blank. It records steps and my heart rate through the app so I know it is still on but I can't read a black screen. I was told we have to go through these steps before they can suggest other steps. Also including cleaning the Fitbit charging parts. I have done that and plugged it in to a different outlet and left it charging for over a half hour. I have tried resetting in multiple times. Yesterday I was at least getting a smiley face after the reset but then just a black screen afterward. Today it is not even showing the smiley face. I am hoping now that I have done every single thing they have suggested they will try to solve the actual issue which has nothing to do with the battery.

Best Answer
Thank you for your message. I too have tried everything (and wasted far too
much time on this issue). Perhaps with the age of our watching the screen
is simply shot at this point. It is interesting however to hear so many are
experiencing the same issue we are having. I have loved my Fitbit and would
have considered replacing however I am going to have to reconsider given
the lack of support the company appears to provide it's users.
Best Answer

I have the same problem - blank screen, the Fitbit is recording on the app as normal. All the fixes provided don’t work - now customer support say I need to buy a new one - as mine is out of warranty. My comment that a lifespan of 3 years is very poor is ignored. Why would i buy another one of these???

Best Answer

Same. Numerous emails and they don't care that I've said I will not buy another fit bit. Very poor customer service.  They've basically rendered our products useless  so we buy a newer model. They won't accept  in emails that it's happening to Numerous customers yet look here we are all having the same problem.  

Best Answer

None of your options are working and it’s not connected to my phone either I need the screen to wake up so I can connect it what’s your go to fix for it have tried the reset but still a black screen?

Best Answer