Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Both auto and normal settings for brightness result in a completely dark screen outdoors and in low light settings. I always set the brightness to Normal, but it eventually resets back to Auto. Even indoor, I make guesses and somehow manage to navigate in the dark screen and change the brightness back to Normal. So at least I can see some screens with large font indoors and forget about the outdoors.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Madhesh Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Thanks for the details shared on your post and for the troubleshooting tried prior posting. Additionally to the steps that you have followed, I recommend making sure that the Sleep Mode option is disabled on your Fitbit Charge 3. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications don't cause the tracker to vibrate or the screen to turn on.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • Turning your wrist won't cause the tracker's screen to turn on and you need to press the button. 

To turn off Sleep mode: Press and hold the button, and swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap Sleep to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it.

On a side note, I've moved your post to this thread so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue for me but this fix doesn’t work. Display is very dim

Best Answer

@JDtheFit Thanks for stopping by. 

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your Fitbit Charge 3. If the display is still dim after reviewing the settings, I suggest trying a restart as described here. If that doesn't work, try to perform a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow now it is much worse! I did a long reboot and now the screen just has a diffuse light. I can’t read a thin on the display no matter how dark.

JD
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your response @JDtheFit

I'm  very sorry to hear that the inconvenience has persisted and now the display is getting worse, my best recommendation is contact our Support Team so they can look deeper into the issue and help you with this matter. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. Make sure to mention the steps you've followed, so they can help you from there. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes