Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display is very dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 display is so dim that I can’t read anything unless I’m in a dark room. I can’t see anything on the display while outside in the sunlight. I’ve tried the normal setting and the auto setting. And today my display is going completely blank. I reset it and changed the clock face. The display came back temporarily for 10 minutes then went blank again. 

Best Answer
177 REPLIES 177

I need someone to reach out to me i need to get my fitbit fixed less than year old .

Best Answer
0 Votes

I using the app on iPhone 8.  I talked with Fitbit support.  Updated phone to iOS 13.1.2 and updated the app to the newest version (3.8) and it helped.  Not great but better.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem, my display is so dark I cant read it most of the time!! How do I contact Fitbit please? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
+1 877-623-4997
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a contact number in the help section that you can find in the Fitbit app. It’s not easy to find(I think they do that on purpose) but it’s there. I didn’t have any issues when I called but I have read in my post that a customer is being told to wait for an upgrade. The person has been waiting for weeks and no change. Do not believe them when that tell you it’s a software issue, as it isn’t. If it was all phone or most would be dim. Also, I haven’t had notifications on my device for months. Tried their fix suggestions and nothing has worked. It’s not something I really need but it is a feature that I can’t get. My device doesn’t show my sleep, says it’s not tracked but it is and it shows on the app but not the Charge 3. The device just says “sleep not tracked” Again, not a big deal for me but it’s just another feature that is not working. I have enjoyed the Fitbit (it’s my 3rd one over 5 years) but it appears they are having a lot of issues they can’t fix. Not a good indication of product quality. Although I would hate to change, I will be looking at other products once this one fails.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thank you so much. X
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you x
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the same issue.   It's gotten to the point that I can only see the tiny date on the bottom and nothing else.   I contacted Fitbit and they didn't do anything for me.   They just said it's a known issue and I just have to wait.   No ETA was given and the customer service agent refused an exchange under warranty because they felt I'd end up with the same issue eventually with the second one.   So I am stuck with a product that doesn't work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ouch! They must have had too many to replace and now they’re getting stingy.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

yea fitbit wont fix or replace mine either. it's been 3 months of lip service. looking for alternatives to fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
Shouldn't let Fitbit treat customers like this. Maybe open a case with BBB?
Best Answer
My screen finally died totally. They are replacing it with no hesitation.
They offered me a total replacement or 50% off a different one. I just
phoned them , plugged into charger and followed a few instructions and they
offered as I say either a direct replacement or 50% off. I was impressed
how helpful they were.
Best Answer

congratulations, if they did that I would be happy. they are high priced devices and should have strive for customer satisfaction. curious how long ago this happened

Best Answer
0 Votes

hmmmm, strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

below is the 3rd email I received in as many months-

We appreciate your response and for your feedback on this matter.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Since you've already reported this issue on your Charge 3 to us, our engineers has been notified already and will work on finding a resolution as soon as possible. 

At the moment, we ask for your patience and understanding. 

Feel free to contact us again if you have any other questions.

Sincerely,

Angelito and the Fitbit Team

Best Answer
0 Votes
Last Friday.
Best Answer
0 Votes

email I just received today from support

"We also get your point towards this matter however we the reason why we are not sending a replacement is because this issue is not yet resolved and will might happen again for the next replacement.

We also don't have a fix yet at this moment but rest assured that we are currently working to have it resolved.

Since your tracker is unpaired and unable to set up because the display, you will not be able to update the firmware to receive the fix."

So they wont repair or replace because it may happen again. I wonder why they continue to sell them if this is the case.

also since I made the mistake of trying to reinstall my fitbit(my bad) and cant pair it since I cannot see the pairing code I guess I wasted $150 on this charge 3.

lesson learned I guess

Best Answer
0 Votes
Oh no that's terrible. 😣
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar issue, my device is not only dimmed but is fragmented, is like a tv with bad signal. I have follow all the step to reset the device multiple times, at first it was working but for the last couple weeks the issue remains regardless of the resets.

I would appreciate your help

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I could help, all I can suggest is you talk to support and dont get a run around like I experienced. I feel for you!

Best Answer
0 Votes