Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display turned white

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen suddenly turned white with vertical lines one night. Haven't dropped it or banged it hard or anything. It's getting difficult to swipe around the screen and it's just in general annoying. Plus my watch face won't activate when turning the watch towards my face like it used to.

Moderator edit: format and subject

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Welcome to the forums!

Have you done a restart?

Restart

Keep us posted!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

A warm welcome to the Community @Dstoke1 and @WendyB thanks for the input.

I appreciate all the efforts in trying to fix this display issue by yourself and would like to know if the instructions provided by our friend worked? Is your tracker working properly now?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset the tracker several times. To me it seems to be a hardware quality issue.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem this morning.  It was fine, I put it on to charge and when I came back I had vertical white lines across the screen.  Have reset several times and nothing has changed.

Best Answer

Thanks for the update @Dstoke1 and @LucySue welcome to the Forums.

Since the restart process didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your cases to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Smiley Wink

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Hello.  I am also having the issue where my charge 3 turned white with lines after plugging it in.  Is this something that can be fixed on my end?  If not, what steps do I need to take?

Thanks for your time,

Steve Blanda

Best Answer

I'm also facing the same issue. Tried restarting the watch but didn't help 

Best Answer

My Charge 3 is doing the same thing. never bumped it or dropped it hard. I recently updated firmware and put on charger. Came back to white lines on screen. 

Best Answer

I got a replacement tracker after a chat with Fitbit Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do the online chat thing. They had me try a couple of quick things and had
a new one to me under warranty in about a week.

It sucks it happened, but they remedied it pretty efficiently.

Stephen Blanda, Jr.
BlandaScaping Property Care
Woodbury, NJ
Best Answer

Hi.Can you tell me what was the procedure?Hoe did you got the replacement?please advice as I am having same issue and watch is still under warranty.marina

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was contacted by Fitbit support after I posted here which started up an email exchange where they asked me to try several things to attempt a reset - none of which worked in my case.  They requested details of where and when purchased, determined it was still under warranty and opened up a replacement order which arrived in about 3 days after which I returned the original unit with the shipping label they provided. So far the new one is working perfectly.

Best Answer

You are very very lucky

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having this exact same problem. My Charge 3 was bought in January 2019. Please let me know who to contact about this issue.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello. I used the online help chat and they had me do a couple of
unsuccessful things. Then checked the warranty and sent me a new one in
like 5 days. Cant remember how to access the chat, but it's on the website
somewhere. And hopefully yours is still under warranty.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Stephen Blanda, Jr.
Woodbury, NJ
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello!

I am having the SAME problem ... white vertical lines and it all seemed to have started with the last firmware update. Done all of the regular support suggestions ... multiple reboots, change the display clock face now several times... NOT Fixed! Please ... lover this watch, but need this resolved as it is now very difficult to swipe up or down or horizontally for the various menus or notifications.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Had the same issue. Used the websites online help chat. Had me try a
couple of things that didn't work and then checked my warranty and sent me
a new one in 5 days. I dont think it's a firmware issue. Seems to happen
during charging. Good luck!

Stephen Blanda, Jr.
Woodbury, NJ
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue.  Contacted on-line chat support.  Restarts and Resets unsuccessful.  As out of warranty only (purchased late Oct 2018) only offered 25% discount.  Charge 2 died within 2 years.  Charge 3 now messed up at just under 14 months.  Seems like a common systematic malfunction.

Best Answer

Same issue with mine and mine is only just out of warrenty as well.

Best Answer