Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 display turned white

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My screen suddenly turned white with vertical lines one night. Haven't dropped it or banged it hard or anything. It's getting difficult to swipe around the screen and it's just in general annoying. Plus my watch face won't activate when turning the watch towards my face like it used to.

Moderator edit: format and subject

Best Answer
47 REPLIES 47

Same thing just happened to mine -- White lines when I put it on the charger. Will it get even worse? It's just over a year old, so I suspect it's out of warranty. But I don't want to pay for another one so soon! This is my third FitBit.

Best Answer
Mine did not revert back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I encountered this same problem today. The reset option did not work. 

Best Answer

The same thing just happened to my charge 3. I removed it from the charger and white lines appeared on the display. I’ve tried restarting it and that didn’t resolve the issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has turned white too with lines through it. I’ve done several resets and it’s not helping. I’m not seeing how to fix this problem?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't think there is a fix for display turning white. I was lucky fitbit replaced mine free of charge as it was only just out of warrenty. I suggest you get in touch with them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started turning  white yesterday evening. Initially it was just few lines now it’s all white. I have tried rebooting it but it’s still the same. It’s not as sensitive to touch anymore. I was wearing it so I know haven’t banged it or waters gone into it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This happened to me this morning. I changed the clock face and turned it off then back on again. The face is still white with vertical lines. How can I make this go away??

Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a complicated reset process you can try but I would say it has a low likelihood of success. If you contact Fitbit and within warranty you may get a new device. If only slightly outside warranty you may get a small % credit on new device.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This just happened to me.  I just took it off the charger and my screen is white.  I did a few resets and changed the clock face. It's still white.  This is my 1st Fitbit.  I got this Charge 3 when they 1st came out in October of 2018. I didn't expect it to last a lifetime, but I couldn't get 2 years out of it?  From reading other posts, it sounds like this is a common problem.  This might be my 1st and last Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I couldn’t get it fixed after troubleshooting and talking to support. It seems like there’s no coming back from that issue. They offered a discount on a replacement though

Kindly,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same thing happen. I just don’t get it. Mine is getting worse by the minute. I can’t live without it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has just started to do this. I have not banged it around and am pretty careful with it and the screen is white with lines... Please, how do I fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello

This has happened on 2 ~ Charge 3 watches!  All those suggestions like doing resets that they outline did absolutely nothing to correct that issue in both watches. I don't think its anything you have done... the watches I think have an inherit problem with the displays and "I don't think these watches are shockproof either!" I do Martial Arts and Boxing.. my problem popped up immediately after doing my boxing! Seeing your post ... After 1.5 years has passed and this issue persists with their product.

The first time it happened, they replaced it under warranty. "Fitbit is very good about that" ... had me do a few troubleshooting steps .. eg Resets and then offered to replace it. Then the Warranty expired on the replacement unit ... it did the same thing! Note: they do NOT extend the warranty on any free replacement unit, that is what I was told. IF the unit is not under warranty, they did offer me a discount on a new one but at time it was no better than the prices I saw at the local favorite Best Buy!

Wish I had better news or suggestions to resolve the issue .. Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I followed the tips given, didn't work. Screen is the same. I bought my fitbit Jan. 2020.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Then you are still under 1yr warranty. Contact them for replacement
Best Answer
0 Votes
get in touch with fitbit you will still have warrenty on it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.  Rebooted several times but still white

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here and this is not the first time! I think the device is pre-programmed to self combust after a certain period to force you into buying a new one! Very frustrated with this issue 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge3 had the same problem at 13 months - ie 1 month out of warranty.

There seems to be an inherent fault that such a fault occurs so frequently - NOT acceptable.

Best Answer