Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 displaying wrong weight

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning I entered a starting weight in the app, X stone 11 pounds. On my Charge 3 the display says X.785st 11lbs - it's converted the pounds to metric, added them to the stones and then displayed both. Then it briefly showed me a fake weight loss (0.1 lbs - based on what? It only had one weight logged) and reverted to the nonsense number.

Anybody got any ideas of how to make stones and pounds display as stones and pounds rather than as stones and pounds and more pounds?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

It's great to see you around @MacBett.

Could you please be more specific about your issue? What amount would you like to see? Are you checking if this information is correct in your Fitbit app?

Hope to hear from you soon. Robot Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I know it's not correct!

I logged a weight of 12 stone 11 lbs. I put that in my account, and the dashboard on my pc shows 12 stone 11 lbs. The dashboard on my phone app (Android) says 12 stone 11 lbs.

The Charge on my wrist says 12.785 stone 11 lbs. That's a nonsensical display. I've done all the usual things - restart the tracker etc., delete the data and put it in again - but it doesn't help.

Best Answer

Thanks for the information @MacBett.

Since the steps you tried didn't work, I've gone ahead and escalated your case to our support team, for them to take a deeper look at this. Please keep an eye on your inbox for further instructions.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have exactly the same issue. Could you keep me in the loop for any resolution, please?

Best Answer

The support team has been amazingly unhelpful. I found that as soon as I added a second weight, the weight display changed to show weight loss rather than absolute weight, and the loss was correctly displayed.  I've now had 7 emails from support, from 6 different people. Each time they want me to restart the tracker, and restart the app, without acknowledging that they've already told me this and that I've already done it. They told me that my Android app was out of date, which wasn't true. The second or third person told me that the Charge 3 doesn't show weight loss, only current weight; I sent back a picture showing my Charge 3 displaying weight loss.

I made the mistake of mentioning that on one particular day, the Charge 3 wouldn't sync, and that in fact my Windows 10 pc couldn't find it at all on bluetooth. I admitted that it probably wasn't relevant but that I was giving them all the information I had. Don't do this: all subsequent emails have latched on to this. The emails look as if they're produced by a automated system; they are all to do with sync problems (which resolved themselves without intervention; sync is slow and patchy, but a quick search online shows that to be widespread) and they are plainly form text, irrelevant given that I have already said what steps I have taken.

TL;DR: it's a bug. It goes away when you put your weight in for the second time. I have no idea whether or not they're fixing it, or actually, whether or not anybody at support understood what I was saying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem and it’s never been right. Enter the weight correctly in stones and pounds then on the overview page it always shows 0.1 less. I’ve rebooted, resynced and done everything but always showing less. Can’t understand it. Very irritating but seems a very common issue 😏 Maybe it does like imperial measurements but if it’s offered it should at least work properly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here

I got told to log in and out as I have an existing account associated with my email address, and to log in and out.

This is my 2nd Fitbit so don't know if that's the issue but their help didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi there

Thanks for you reply. I’ve given up now if I’m honest. Tried everything and nothing works. Just one of those things I suppose although it’s annoying

Get Outlook for iOS
Best Answer