Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn’t vibrate when a text is received

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It receives texts but doesn’t vibrate when they come in. How can I set this up?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I had the same problem, where the Charge 3 would receive texts, but would not vibrate.  It would also not display the screen when flicking my wrist.  My phone and app were configured properly.

The solution for me turned out to be the sleep settings on the Charge 3 itself (not the app).  After turning off the sleep mode it works just fine.

For me the issue appeared immediately following a firmware update.  Not sure if that played into it, but seems more than coincidence.

Best Answer
I tried turning off the sleep mode and it still does not work. This started after an update on my iphone. My fitbit vibrates for phone calls but just not for text messages. It makes no sense but I can't figure it out. I tried taking the fitbit off the app and resetting it. I did everything I have read on here when other people were having problems and none of them worked for me.
Best Answer

Hi

I cant find anywhere "In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Whereabouts is this located?

Deb

Best Answer

I'm having this same issue and followed all of these steps but still no vibration. My fitbit is up to date 1.88.11, my app is up to date. iphone SE 2020 ios up to date 14.01. DND not turned on, bluetooth working other vibrations working, notifications all turned on. The notifications show when I look for them, but there is no vibration to notify me of their occurring. 

Called fitbit and after running me through all the obvious steps, they said there was a compatibility issue with the recent 14 ios upgrade and they were working on it. That was a week ago.

Best Answer

I just realized that the last update to fitbit 28.20001.8.11 added a Do Not Disturb to the watch itself. I've been checking to assure DND on my PHONE was off. Apparently when the fitbit updated, it defaulted to having DND turned on. Perhaps it updated at night when my iphone was on DND? Anyway, I turned OFF DND on the watch itself and that brought the vibration back when receiving notifications. I hope I don't have to change that every day. Having DND set for a particular time each night on my phone is all I need to stop my Fitbit from vibrating while I'm trying to sleep.

Best Answer
Fitbit told me that 3 updates ago. When I first my new Fitbit, it worked until my iPhone did an update. I just got the new iPhone SE 2020 two months ago. Everything is up to date. I’ve had three updates since it stopped vibrating for texts and it still doesn’t work and Fitbit still has not fixed it.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have the same issue. It used to work and now it doesn't. Any ideas yet?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve found after every ios update, my text & call vibration alerts stop working. But between turning notifications on and off on my phone, and making sure DND is turned off on my fitbit charge 3 (hold down left side of fitbit until DND/Sleep/Screen Wake menu appears, press DND to turn off if on), it usually starts working again. Though, I can’t tell which image is “on” and “off” so I end up having to play with it for a few mins while having someone text me to test if the vibrations work again. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you! It was because of that exact issue. Much appreciated.
Best Answer
0 Votes