Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 doesn't vibrate when receiving text/call notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi. My fitbit Charge 3 just stopped vibrating when I receive phone calls and text messages. I have rebooted the device,  turned my phone on and off, reinstalled the app and turned notifications on and off. The fitbit seems to be syncing with the phone as the no of steps etc match with the watch and the app on my phone. I don't know what else to try?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Billagirl, welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 stopped vibrating when receiving call/text notifications. I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate the time spent trying to get this issue resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to try a long restart. To do so on your device, follow the steps below:

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.
  8. Set up your tracker from scratch and see if it vibrates when receiving text/call notifications properly.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Good afternoon,

I was having the same issue. In the past, sometimes restarting my phone, or rebooting the device via settings > about > reboot device, fixed it. 
This week those steps didn't fix it.
Saw a post that said plug in, press button for 8+ seconds, see a smily face. Didn't fix.
I deleted and reinstalled the app on my phone. Synced. Still didn't fix.
Then I tried your recommendation- plug in, press button for 15 seconds, wait, unplug, replug, unplug. 
It seems to finally be working again. Thank you! 

Best Answer

@LahLah2 Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm so glad to hear that your Charge 3 worked great after trying the long restart process. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope this see you in our Fitbit Community more often! 😀

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes