Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 draining the battery quickly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 battery used to last 4-5 days with no charge but for the last two weeks I have to charge it every day, the screen is always on the dimmest setting to try and make it last longer but that does not work. 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/format

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Yep, same here. Used to last 5 days, now it lasts about 8 hours. I called and got nowhere. Was told I would receive an email...about the warranty! I think fitbits are made to last about a year. Then they die...conveniently, exactly when the warranty has expired. The idea is to get us to spend more money on a new device...that will also last one year. No thank  you. Ordering a different device this afternoon. My husband has had his for three years with no issues.

Moderator edit: format/word choice

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Yep, same here. Used to last 5 days, now it lasts about 8 hours. I called and got nowhere. Was told I would receive an email...about the warranty! I think fitbits are made to last about a year. Then they die...conveniently, exactly when the warranty has expired. The idea is to get us to spend more money on a new device...that will also last one year. No thank  you. Ordering a different device this afternoon. My husband has had his for three years with no issues.

Moderator edit: format/word choice

Best Answer

Hello @MovingOn2020. It's nice to see you around. 

I apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for the detailed information and for your feedback. Please note that our team is always working to enhance your experience and your feedback is a big part of that process. 

At this time, I was able to see that you reached out to our Support Team and they sent an email to you. If you have more than one email address, I recommend checking there and please reply back to that email if you still have additional questions or inquiries. 

On a side note, take into consideration that some inconveniences may occur due to normal wear and please note that replacement devices are provided for products that are within the warranty period. If your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is out of warranty, would I be able to get a discount code please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @philippaaaaa. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the steps you've followed. Regarding the battery inconvenience, there are some tips that help to extend the battery life of your Charge 3. If you would like to take a look at them, please go to: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

If the inconvenience persists, note that you can contact our Support Team and they will be able to review your case, provide further assistance and review your options. Also, as mentioned on the post above, if your original Charge 3 is no longer under warranty a discount could be an available option but some conditions and requirements should be met. For more information about our warranty policy, I recommend visiting the following link: https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes