Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has a black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This morning my Charge 3 screen went completely black and wont even restart. 

The only response I get from it, is just a long continuous vibration that stops when I stop holding the side down. 

I was outside in the back yard with it before it went completely blank,

Things I've tried:
- Restarting it

- Plugging it into its charger to see if plugging it in and restarting changes anything.

The only thing that keeps happening is a continuous vibration. Like it just keeps going, not like when you change screens, get a message or an alarm goes off. Anytime I touch the side button, is a constant vibrate. 

This is the replacement pebble I received July 2020, so I haven't even had it for a year at this point.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @Kait2.0. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for the detailed information and for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting. Please confirm that you tried to restart your Charge 3 as indicated in this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

If the restart still doesn't work, I recommend performing a long restart. You can complete the process by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

On a side note, I also recommend reviewing this thread for additional tips and suggestions. Also, please take into consideration that replacement devices don't renew the warranty period of your original Charge 3. For more information about our warranty, please check: 

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/returns-and-warranty

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes