Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has lines across the screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I charged my charge 3 and when it came back on it had thick black lines across the screen . I tried rebooting it but it’s the same . 
what else can I do ? 

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

@Michelleheaney8 It's nice to have you on board!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 screen not working and thank you for restarting your tracker. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are in the time frame of the manufacturers warranty, contact them for a replacement. 

I had this happen and had to do a replacement for mine. (They shipped a new one and mt old one completed black screened 2 days later)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I get help with the same problem? I’ve also tried to reboot and change the clock face with no luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I face the same issue last night. Hope to have the same solution ASAP.
Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sheena.196 @Keggie8 @allan150763 It's nice to have you on board!

@Keggie8  @allan150763  Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working as it should. @allan150763 you don't mention any troubleshoots so please restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

@Keggie8 as @Sheena.196 mentioned since the troubleshoots didn't work I suggest you reach out to our Support team. This is why I created a ticket for you. They will reach out to you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your response.
I had already tried the above steps but still failed.
Attached the screen capture "current situation" of my Fitbit Charge 3 (with
WHITE Display) for your further investigation.
Hope to have your quick fix / solution ASAP.

Allan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. This has happened over the last few weeks. One line to start with, not a few dead lines. Tried rebooting but didn't work.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @allan150763 and for following advised troubleshooting steps. Welcome, @architect1337

Please change your device clock face and try restarting your Charge 3 using the 15-second method: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Still failed, both changed the clock face and restarted the device.
Your further investigation please.
BTW, please advise ANY "Customer Support / Service Repair Center" in Hong
Kong.
Million thanks !!

Allan
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for trying advised troubleshooting steps @allan150763. I'll continue assisting you. 

Fitbit doesn't have repair centers but I went ahead and created a case on your behalf. A customer support representative will contact you soon and provide help for that country.

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same for my charge 3, changed clock faces every day, tried 8 and 15sec restarts every day to no avail. Been like this since Wed.  Have had device for 20months and hasn't auto synced for about 18months. Had both bands break within 12months. Beginning to think about throwing device in the bin. What other fixes do fitbit have for the screen? 🤔 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same problem on a 1yr old charge3, the screen is breaking down with the small pixels disappearing that make up the display text and will not make connection to charge. I have cleaned all the charging contacts with cotton buds to clean away any dirt and dust, but it seams to be hit n miss, it either charges or it doesn't.

I have followed the reset procedure but it has had no effect on the display whatsoever. This once again is a replacement of a replacement !!!

I think the quality of the products are getting poorer, given the mark up prices are not cheap.

Please can somebody from Fitbit please contact me to discuss what we can do about these problems please.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Munko5 and welcome to our community, @russellp1572. I'll be glad to continue assisting with your Charge 3 display inquiry. I realize this situation is difficult, but let's try and find a solution. 

@Munko5, I went ahead and created a case on your behalf and a customer support representative will contact you soon. Could you please tell me more about your auto sync comment?

@russellp1572, thanks for letting us know about the steps you have followed and thank you for your comments. I got in touch with our team and they've informed me that they are already assisting you.

Let me know how it goes and keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes