Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 has white lines across the display

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I think there's an actual issue with my fitbit but thought I'd post in here to see if anyone else was experiencing a similar issue. 

I bought my charge 3 just under two weeks ago. Last Friday, I noticed my screen looked faded and had white lines running through it. I have tried to reset it three times as generally suggested with no such luck. 

I haven't damaged it in any way and I've continued to wear it in the shower as I wasn't concerned due to it being waterproof. The day the faded screen/lines appeared was when the battery was very low - but that's the only thing I can think of and surely a low battery should'nt lead to this? 

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated before I have to take it back. I've tried to add a picture to this thread but can't for some reason. 

Many Thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
917 REPLIES 917
Email customer service and they will take it back. I’m getting a new one.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi @Bethchelsea and @Mh84, welcome to our Community Forums.

It's nice to hear from you @Julieramsey54. Thanks for helping our new friends, and I'm glad that you're getting a new device.

@Bethchelsea and @Mh84I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye on your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I am also having this problem unfortunately. After several months of it working fine the screen had gone very white (the attach image option on the form doesn't work on my phone for some reason but happy to send an image). 

I've tried restarting/rebooting, clearing user data and changing the clock face but nothing has worked.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best wishes, 

Aisha. My fitbit charge 3

Best Answer

Hi @Superaish, it's nice to see a new member around!

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 behavior, as well for the troubleshooting steps tried. I also appreciate your efforts in trying to attach a picture. Because your device is still not working, I've gone ahead and requested a case for you. Our Support Team will contact you back via email with more details.

Keep me posted. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue too.  Tried everything to reset.  This must be an issue with the tracker.  Anyone have success with resetting?  I'm frustrated after years of being a Fitbit supporter.

Best Answer

Thank you @LizzyFitbit

Best Answer

Hi @Becrebecky, welcome to our Community. It's nice to hear from you @Superaish and you're very welcome. Smiley Happy

@Becrebecky I appreciate your efforts in restarting your device. I understand how you're feeling and rest assured that I'm here to help you. I've contacted our Support Team so they can create a case for you. They'll be contacting you via email with more details about your case.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue and am eager to learn of a fix. My Charge is 4 months old and I have never cared for the sync cable connection as it seems  loose. The vertical white lines appear as I removed the cable from charging.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Dragoness19, it's nice to see a new member around.

Thanks for letting me know about your Charge 3 behavior. Since you mentioned that the sync cable connection seems loose, do you mean that your device isn't always syncing with your phone? If so, may I know the model of your phone?

In the meantime, to fix the display issues, please try restarting your device with the following steps:

1. Plug the charging cable into a USB port from a computer or a UL-certified adapter into the wall.

2. Clip the other end on your Charge 3 making sure the button aligns with the little opening.

3. Hold the button for 8 seconds and a smiley face icon should be displayed.

Let me know how it goes. Robot Happy

Best Answer

Thanks for the quick response @LizzyFitbit !!!!!  The cable connection from the cable to my device seems loose. Have not had an issue with the phone. (iPhone 6 plus) Also, tried the instructions you provided- connection to cable, holding button until smiley face appears. It did not help. Any other suggestions I can try?

Best Answer

Mine started to do the same thing but then it was fine... just last week it had the lines again 

Best Answer
0 Votes

But now not only is there lines... when I turn my wrist to look at the time it doesn't turn on but randomly at some point some time in the day the clock will just turn on.  I'm not only  A bus driver that needs a clock But also I work in a child care center and I need to know what time it is at all times. getting really frustrated thinking about getting a different brand waterproof

Best Answer
If you escalate your problem with fit bit they will probably replace it.they have mine very stress free.fantastic service
Best Answer

Hi @Dragoness19 and @Steph99, it's nice to see you around. @ALICE9470, welcome on board.

@Dragoness19, thanks for confirming about the connection with the charging cable, as well for trying the restart. I was informed by our Support Team that a case was opened for you, so please continue working with them as I'm sure they'll take care of you.

@ALICE9470, I see your point of view about having a working device, and appreciate you for sharing your experience with it. Just to confirm, have you tried restarting your Charge 3?

@Steph99, thanks for stopping by to help our friends. I'm glad that you had a wonderful experience with our Support Team and hope to keep seeing you around.

Keep me posted. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

If yours is still under warranty they are shipping out new ones.... they should just come out and recall them all there is obviously an issue with the Charge 3... which makes me wonder how long my replacement will last when it arrives since I have only had mine since Dec 😞 

Best Answer

@Mh84 I've only had mine since January this year.

The support team are great though and they are asking about my warranty. 

Best Answer

Yes support is great but they should make an announcement and just recall them and fix them. I have a feeling that my new one will do the same if the issue hasn't been fixed before sending out new ones. 

Best Answer

Yes, I have tried many methods to resolve the issue and I've read the entire thread.  I don't know what else to do and I really just want to have a nice tracker. It picks up readings even when I'm not moving! It would be nice if something which I paid almost $200 for would work.

Maybe a new case could be open for this, in the meantime I am getting a different tracker and possibly having this as a reserve backup.

Fitbit has NEVER DISAPPOINTED ME BEFORE.

RECALL THEM PLEASE. 

Best Answer

Agreed!!! A recall is needed. Now that the white lines showed up I have a hard time swiping and starting exercises. Its very annoying. Its like the lines have made the touch screen almost unusable as well

Best Answer

Hi @Mh84@Superaish and @ALICE9470. It's nice to see you here.

I'm sorry for the delayed response. I appreciate you for taking the time to share with us your feedback and thoughts about your experience with our Fitbit products and Support Team. Fitbit is constantly working to improve our products and overall environment based on our Community posts, so be sure that your comments will not be taken for granted.

@ALICE9470, thanks for confirming that you've tried a restart and because your device is still not working, I've requested a case so our Support Team can give you a hand. You'll receive an email from them shortly.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes