Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 horizontal lines on screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, as of late July, I've noticed black horizontal lines appearing on my Charge 3 as if pixels are missing. It started off as 1-2 lines and it's up to at least 6 lines. I've already tried the various reset methods, changed the clock face, and I recently updated the fitbit. Nothing has worked and I've only had this device for a few months. Does anyone have a solution that has actually worked for this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@HMR93 it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Since your Charge 3 is still showing horizontal lines even after restarting it and changing the clock face, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Tjitske thank you for joining us in this thread and welcome to our Fitbit forums @TMJ76. Since your Charge 3 trackers are also showing horizontal lines, I'd like you to try some troubleshooting steps if you haven't tried them before.

Please restart your trackers as described in this help article. After this, try changing the clock face and see if the horizontal lines disappear from the display of your trackers.

Thank you for your help @NellyG.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Hi @HMR93  I have flagged a moderator to come and help you

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same here!

Best Answer

Same here. My Fitbit Charge 3 is 9 months old.

Best Answer

@HMR93 it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community! Since your Charge 3 is still showing horizontal lines even after restarting it and changing the clock face, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

@Tjitske thank you for joining us in this thread and welcome to our Fitbit forums @TMJ76. Since your Charge 3 trackers are also showing horizontal lines, I'd like you to try some troubleshooting steps if you haven't tried them before.

Please restart your trackers as described in this help article. After this, try changing the clock face and see if the horizontal lines disappear from the display of your trackers.

Thank you for your help @NellyG.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Hey @JuanJoFitbit! Thank you for forwarding my case to the support team. Do you know how long it usually takes for them to send an email? I still haven't heard from them and my fitbit has gotten worse since my original post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problems with the increasing white lines and blank unresponsive screen face.  I updated the app, changed the clock face, reset/restart and did the hard reset but nothing is resolving the lines in the screen.  Can someone help me further with this issue?

Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine started to have black lines across the screen and last week the screen went completely blank and I have not been able to recover the screen. It still vibrates, counts steps, monitors my heartbeat it just isn't useful as a watch. 

Best Answer

Can someone review my earlier post (8/19) that I am having the same problems and get back to me on how to resolve?

Best Answer

I have posted problems I'm having with my Charge 3 (horizontal lines on watch face) and no one is getting back to me.  Does anyone know what the customer service phone number is?  I cannot find it anywhere on the fitbit site.

Best Answer

Hi @KFab708 

Their phone number is (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA.

If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

I've done all of these and now I have even more horizontal lines. Please help

Best Answer

Hi @Minjoon  Reach out to customer support. Their phone number is (877)623-4997 between the hours of 4am-8pm PST Mon-Fri, and 6am-5pm PST on weekends, if you're in the USA. The phone number to call from the UK is: 0800 069 8505. Operation hours: 9:00am - 6:00pm. If you're not in the USA or if you prefer an online chat or email, then click for contact options

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm experiencing the same issue as well. I've tried changing the clock face and restarting it, too, with no change in the display.

Best Answer

Same problem here despite my rebooting, changing clock faces, unpairing & re-pairing with my Android phone;

Best Answer

I contacted Fitbit's online support. After making me do another long restart, they checked the warranty on my Fitbit. It was over a year since I got it, so they offered me 25% off a new Fitbit. My previous Charge 3 just stopped displaying anything, but that was under warranty, so they replaced it. That's two Charge 3s with display issues in less than 2 years, so I'm not sure the quality is worth what we're paying for.

Best Answer

My Fitbit charge 3 has several horizontal lines. It is very hard to see the time and date.. I restarted it and made sure it was completely charged. What can be done to resolve this issue? Thank you-Amina

Best Answer
I got a new
Best Answer

I hope they do something about mine as I didn't even use it for a year before it started showing lines ... At first was 2-3 lines and now is so many that is hard to read screen...

Best Answer

I have the same issue with my Charge 3. I’ve changed the clock face and rebooted, but it still has blacked out horizontal lines. It will also periodically not turn on. When put on the charger, it often vibrates and cycles through all the menu options on its own, but doesn’t actually charge.

Best Answer