Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is dead

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi ,

My fitbit charge 3 is dead . I tried all the solutions provided in the forum but it has not worked. I bought this product in Dec 2019 , not even 14 months and now it's dead completely. Please help what should be done. Can I get it repaired or exchanged. I am based out of Sydney.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @dyehl1, welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing the same issue with your Charge 3, please be advised to follow the the steps I recommended here.

As for the Charge 2, please note when a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

However, as our warranty states, it doesn't apply to damage or defects caused by:

(a) use with non-Fitbit products

(b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes

(c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching

(d) operating the Product:

(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by Fitbit

(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by Fitbit

(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.

For more information about this, you can check our warranty policy.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi there @PankajSonawane, welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 3 before reaching out. I understand how you must be feeling. 

To better assist you, would you mind giving me more details of the issue with your Charge 3? Is it not syncing, charging, pairing? Along with that, let me know the steps you've done to solve that issue. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ,

The band is not starting at all. I did connected to the charger and tried
to start it by pressing the button but it didn't work at all. I tried for 8
seconds and 15 seconds as well, but it didn't worked.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@PankajSonawane Thanks for the details. If your Charge 3 is not vibrating either for the restart or when you try to charge it, please try the steps below:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • If the error "insufficient power source" appears on your device's screen, remove other devices plugged in to your power source, or plug your device in to another source.
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  • Restart your Fitbit once again. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi ,

I did cleaned with alcohol and put on charging again. Now it's vibrating
but not showing up anything on screen. For a moment there were few dead
pixels but then it's all blank.

Yes ...true , this doesn't instill confidence to buy a new one even if I
get a discount. Fitbit should work on the bands long life.

Moderator Edit: Merged posts

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PankajSonawane I appreciate you had followed the tips and recommendations provided above. I understand where you're coming from. 

At this moment, I’ve reached the limits of what I can do for you here on the public community forums. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the same thing that has happened with my charge 3. I put it on charge and then take it off and 5 seconds later it says the battery is 1 %.  I just got this watch about 1 month ago. Now, I using my fitbit charge 2 watch that I've had for 2 years. The screen has a few cracks so I got another one. Big mistake. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @dyehl1, welcome to the Community Forums. 

If you're experiencing the same issue with your Charge 3, please be advised to follow the the steps I recommended here.

As for the Charge 2, please note when a tracker suffers damage while under warranty, you can contact Customer Support. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors.

However, as our warranty states, it doesn't apply to damage or defects caused by:

(a) use with non-Fitbit products

(b) accident, abuse, misuse, mishandling, flood, fire, earthquake or other external causes

(c) normal wear and tear or aging of the Product such as discoloration or stretching

(d) operating the Product:

(i) outside the permitted or intended uses described by Fitbit

(ii) not in accordance with instructions provided by Fitbit

(iii) with improper voltage or power supply.

For more information about this, you can check our warranty policy.

Best Answer
0 Votes