Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is not vibrating for notifications

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not vibrating when I get a phone call or text

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Welcome on board @Sherrie58, it's nice to see you around!

Have you checked if your Charge 3 does vibrate with silent alarms? Your Fitbit device vibrates to alert you at various times, including if you set an alarm, when you hit your step goal, or if you haven’t met your hourly activity goal. Have you see if the vibration is also missing for this features?

If your device didn't alert you, make sure you successfully set an alarm. For more information, see How do I manage alarms on my Fitbit device?

If you correctly set the alarm or aren’t receiving other alerts, test your device’s vibration motor. Connect the device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

Also, note that when you turn on the Do Not Disturb, Quiet hours, or Driving mode setting on your phone Fitbit Charge 3, Fitbit Ionic, and Fitbit Versa receive notifications, but your device won’t alert you. Swipe down to see your notifications.

If paired to an Android phone, your Fitbit watch or tracker can alert you to notifications at any time:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the account icon > your device image > Notifications
  2. In the Vibration Settings section, turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Let me know if this helps. I'll be around! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I have the exact same issue too. My iPhone 8+ is NOT on Do Not Disturb mode and my Charge 3 just won't vibrate and alert me when notifications are received.

I did all the Charge 3 device reboot, long restart, Fitbit App un-install, re-install, bluetooth forget the device and re-pair the device with my phone. Phone setting is set to allow app notifications for Fitbit, and in Fitbit app, I also enabled and allowed app notifications. Nothing works to get my Charge 3 to vibrate when call, text, calendar, and app notifications are received.

However, it DOES vibrate when my silent alarm goes off, when I hit my step goal and for reminder to move. It just won't vibrate for call, text, calendar, app notifications. It seems like there is nothing wrong with vibration motor, but a firmware glitch.

I also do NOT feel the difference between Normal and Strong strength vibration as many users had already mentioned in other posts. Please kindly forward the feedback to the IT team, so they can fix the bugs with a firmware update. Thanks!

Best Answer

My Fitbit does not vibrate at all. I have tried all of these steps and it does not even vibrate after a restart. What are my options?

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  I receive the vibrations for the Fitbit notifications such as achieving step goals, hourly reminders for making step goals, etc. I'm not receiving the vibrations for text notifications, calendar notifications, email notifications (call notifications do work).  Help!

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community Forums @DMGray1031! Thanks for reporting your Charge 3's behavior and for letting us know that call notifications do work. I'd recommend trying the steps I've provided here

Give this a go and let me know the outcome, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Eni9ma, I am having the same firmware issues and followed all of Fitbit’s advice. I too, think the firmware needs an update. 

At the outset, I also did not feel a strength difference between normal and strong either. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had been using an alarm morning and afternoon for medication,and buzzer buzzed 8 or so times and stopped. I have reset, deleted and re entered alarms and no dice. Very frustrating !

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Take the band off. 
  • You will see a small gray square on the top of both sides.
  • Use a needle to go around this square to clean in out.
  • Do this on both sides until clean.
  • It should vibrate now.
Best Answer

Yes this fixes the problem!!

Best Answer

I’ve taken all steps and my alerts are still not working!! It makes no sense my alerts to get up and walk work but nothing else. This is a brand new Fitbit Charge 3 so doesn’t make sense that it worked for a week and stopped working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

tried the sync, clear data, blue tooth off/on, & remove device then re install, still nothing, tried cleaning the silver bars under strap, still nothing... 

very disapointed with the fitbit 3... 6 months old then this,,  not a happy camper.

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get my Charge 3 to vibrate?

I do not see a  Vibration Settings section on my Account dashboard.

So -- I cannot turn on the Always Vibrate option.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

I had this issue, tied all the resets and nothing. Then I realised it was in sleep mode which meant it wouldn’t vibrate. You can take it out of sleep mode by swiping up from the bottom of the watch.

Best Answer

Same for me - iPhone SE iOS 14.3

Notifications are there but no vibration.

Silent alarms DO vibrate.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you !! - cleaning my watch (after removing bands) and giving the watch a couple of good, solid flicks on the side seems to have resolved it!  It vibrates now.  Wish Fitbit phone support would have guided me through these basic steps.

Best Answer
Thanks - unfortunately this hasn’t worked for me … 🤬
Best Answer
0 Votes

That's what did it! Not sure how I ever set it in sleep mode but that was the issue, turned it off and notifications vibrate now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. @Koa808,@MinceAndGravy@Rigmarole, welcome to the community forums! 

@MinceAndGravy if you have tried to un-pair and setup the notifications one more time and the suggested troubleshooting steps above, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

@Koa808 @Rigmarole I'm glad to know that the difficulty is now resolved! I hope you can continue receiving notifications without any inconvenience and that you continue tracking towards your fitness goals! 

Have a great day! 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

After checking the settings in the app on my phone, i had to go into the fitbit menu’s (not on the phone) and enable, then disable, the do not disturb option.

Next, i restarted my fitbit and now everything is working fine again.

Hope this helps others out there.

Best Answer