Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 4 wrist band connector broken

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For no unknown reason,My Charge4 fell off my wrist onto the carpet Closer observation indicated that the connector for some unknown reason became dislodged. Totally devastated.What is the way forward? My watch is in prestine condition.

Unhappy customer

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
18 REPLIES 18

Very disappointed in the construction of this product. It is now garbage literally 7 days past the extended warranty. I have already had to replace the band once (the band that broke was the one with the clasp so having the spare in the box was useless). Now, the entire connector from the tracker face that the band snaps on to has esentially snapped off and broken apart. Please make note - last weekend, 4.16.2022, was the first time in 2 years that my Fitbit was introduced to water. I babied this thing.  I love my Fitbit (and this was my first activity tracker) but if this is how they are made; cheap, disposable, unreliable I may be researching higher quality options.

Best Answer

My Charge4 fell off my wrist when I put my hand in my coat pocket and on Closer inspection I noticed that the connector on the Fitbit that the strap clips into was broken off. Totally devastated as I’ve only had it since August 2021, after having my charge 2 for several years without any issues What is the way forward? Unhappy customer.

Best Answer

@Glush @Loopylou1 @librarabbit , Nice to see you all here. Thank you for your messages and feedback. If you haven't done so, please give our team a call or chat with them. They'll be more than glad to have a closer look at your cases. 

Here you'll find our contact info. 

See you around. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well the other post that you can't comment on has some helpful links for you for bands that you "lay" the fitbit piece in so that you can wear it as a watch. I will say that it does the trick, BUT I had issues with some of the sensors like HR AND it is very bulky. Think of it as an otterbox to the main watch piece. If you're on a budget -- it will do the trick.

Outside of that, there are no other options with your current watch. It's an expensive paper weight. You can not buy replacement parts/pieces for it and its a known issue with the version which is why you likely won't find refurbished or many 3rd party sales for it either.  If you're out of warranty, which you probably are since most people are, they will likely offer you a discount towards another product. The decision to trust a new product is yours only of course. 

REach out to support via your app and they should let you know if the item is still in warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You should have been able to introduce it to water before then but I get what you were implying with your post. I Amazon sells otterbox style watch bands but I tried it for a few days and hated it. Was a longtime fitbit user/customer but had to walk after this product issue. Longevity is not a primary value in this case. See if the amazon search yields an option for you if you want to keep the watch. 

Best Answer

You sound like you are still under warranty. Go into your app and go to support. you can chat or call someone. They will look it up and tell you if you fall within warranty. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have they offered you a replacement??

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge4 keeps falling off my wrist and is currently useless. I believe that it has something to do with the connection. I am extremely disappointed because I am not someone who exercises vigorously or who is rough on the product.  I purchased my Fitbit to keep track of the number of steps I make because I walk daily with a couple of my neighbors.  I am extremely disappointed because this product should have lasted longer given how it was used. 

Best Answer

Unfortunately, all customer service said was, "sorry, you're out of warranty." Bunch of garbage. Terrible customer service. Shady manufacturing.

Best Answer

I was literally 7 days outside of the extended warranty that I purchased. Customer service was no help. They literally told me to buy another product if I didn't like theirs.

Best Answer

I was fed up with the whole process. Customer service is a joke. They actually told me to buy a new product if I didn't trust their manufacturing.

Best Answer

I was literally 7 days outside of the extended warranty that I purchased extra. No help from customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahahahahaha NO! They told me that the volume of calls for this issue was bogging down their system and that if I were this unhappy about their product to by a competitor brand. Total BS. 

Best Answer

They told you to go elsewhere?!? Wow!!! Used them forever but thought my experience was unique until I found the board.  Enjoy the competitor option. I will too 

Best Answer

Add me to the list...

I took off the band to clean it, and the clasp portion of the watch stayed with the band... I can't put on a different band.

Based on these posts, what really annoys me is that I am 22 days - twenty two...- past the two years when I bought it...

I am hoping they will make it right!!!

...and yes, I reached out via app. For 5 minutes (so far) it's been saying wait time is 1 minute...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EntropicLife Hello there. Thanks for reaching out about the your Fitbit Charge 4 band.

Thanks for the explanation. I do believe you can unfasten the connector from the Charge 4 pebble. Give it a try as if you were removing the band. I was informed you are already in contact with support. They will provide you with a suitable resolution. Thanks for your patience. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
The clasp portion of the device itself broke.
Customer service stated it was outside of warranty -22 days-and were able
to offer me a 35% discount on a new device.
That strikes me as a bit of a joke really...
Best Answer
0 Votes

The clasp portion of the device itself broke.

Customer service stated it was outside of warranty - 22 days... I counted - and were only able to offer me a 35% discount on a new device.
That strikes me as a bit of a joke really...20230701_161926.jpg

Best Answer