Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 - no display, no sync, vibrates when button pushed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi, My Charge 3 appears to have stopped working.  It was OK when I went to bed last night, but this morning, no display and it vibrates when I push the button.  It hasn't synced to my phone all day (last sync 10:20 last night).  When I try to charge it, there is no battery icon, and it doesn't vibrate when connected to the charger.  In the app, there is an exclamation mark next to the Sync' heading. My firmware version is 28.200001.88.11

I see from the forum that I am not the only one who this has happened to, but here was no replies to the other person's post, so I don't know if they ever got their issue resolved.

I can't see the device either in the app or when connected to my PC, so I can't even turn it off / do a reset.

What do I do?  HELP!!!!

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

@DanCamsMum Thanks for stopping by! 

Let me help you with your Charge 3 not working as it should Not sure if this is a charging issue or a display one. I suggest you try these instructions to help it charge and these instructions to restart it.

I look forward to your reply.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

I have tried your suggestions, and there is no change to my Fitbit.

• Cable and device are clean
  • No problem with the USB port – other things charge from it with no problem.
  • It’s been on charge since yesterday evening, and there is still no display / won’t sync etc.
  • When I connect to the charger, and hold the button for 8 seconds, all it does is vibrate for the 8 seconds, then nothing.  No display, nothing.
  • It has been sitting next to my phone all afternoon, and has not sync’ed to the app.  Last sync was Saturday Dec 5 22:19.

Where to next?  It is less than 12 months old.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanCamsMum thank you for your reply.

Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Keep me posted.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

Because my Fitbit was still under warranty, I've been offered a replacement - which I've taken. I was sent a link in an email to fill in a replacement form, and I guess I'll get a new Fitbit in the mail at some point.

Thanks for your help,

Jo    🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@DanCamsMum thank you for the update.

Really happy to hear that our Support team was able to replace your device and yes you will get the replacement via mail. Hopefully you will be back on track in short time so you can keep up with your health goals.

Happy stepping and stay safe.

Best Answer
0 Votes