Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not pairing, but syncing with Pixel 5a

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a Pixel 5a and I've noticed something peculiar:

When I try to pair the phone and my Charge 3, it doesn't happen. 

However, when I manually sync with the app, it eventually does sync -- even though it seems not to be paired.

This is annoying, since heretofore I didn't have to manually sync, it was paired and syncing just happened.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Greg

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Liliya.

I think for me the issue was that it was paired to my old phone, and wouldn't pair with my new one until I removed the user data from my Charge 3.

I did that, and I'm now properly paired with my new phone.

Greg

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @gwpinetree,

It appears your devices are "seeing" each other and not "shaking".  Have you restarted both your phone and the Charge 3?

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @gwpinetree. It's nice to see you around and thank you for your support, @DramaQueenDiva.

@gwpinetree Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand your concern and recommend doing the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. If you see your Charge 3, it means that it is paired to your Fitbit account and you don't need to pair it again.

You can confirm the steps to sync your tracker at How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Liliya.

I think for me the issue was that it was paired to my old phone, and wouldn't pair with my new one until I removed the user data from my Charge 3.

I did that, and I'm now properly paired with my new phone.

Greg

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, @gwpinetree.

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve this issue and thank you for sharing what you did as it may help other members in the same situation. I appreciate your time and efforts and hope you continue enjoying the Fitbit experience. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Keep on visiting the forums!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes