Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I bought my charge 3 back in January and for the first 6 months it worked fine, then I went back to the UK for a weeks holiday (I live in France) and when I came back it  wouldn't sync or show steps so I did a factory reset and it worked ok. In the last couple of months it has stopped syncing but have managed to sort it but now it hasnt synced since 2nd August, I have tried the suggestions but nothing has worked. To be honest I'm fed up with the watch, I had a Garmin before that which is still going strong after 6 years, I only changed it because it stopped working so i changed battery not realising the new battery i put in was faulty.  My app on phone is showing I've done 11, 218 steps today even though my watch says I have done 1486. Are there any more things I can do to get it to sync or is it time to buy another watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

@HONEYfr22 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here!

Thank you for troubleshooting this issue. You can try the following:

1. Go to your phone's bluetooth settings and remove all devices listed there.
  2. Restart your phone and restart your device
  3. Check that no battery saving app/feature on your phone is affecting your Fitbit app.
  4. Also, on an Android device, check that your app has the necessary permissions (settings > apps > Fitbit > permissions) and make sure bluetooth and location services (GPS) are on. 
  5. You can find troubleshooting instructions here.

Hope this helps.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried all you suggested and that did'nt work, so I have unpaired the watch and have tried to repair it again but after putting in the code it says " sorry the setup is taking longer than usual please be patient we're on it" and then nothing happens. Could it be my phone? I have an Huawei P30 lite

Best Answer

Same problem. A Note 9 phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 has allmost always had sync problem. Iphone 7 and iphone 11. It work when i restart the app and turn on and off bluetooth. Even then is sync very slow. And i hate to do that on every sync! Updatet the app. 

Best Answer

Thanks for your help. Done everything: updates, restarts, followed the instructions posted here... But...

Best Answer

I have had no end of trouble with my charge 3s. The first one died before the guarantee ran out so Fitbit replaced it. The replacement was fine at first and then developed lines on the face and will not sync. It didn’t work at all at one point so I left it off for a few weeks and recharged it and eventually reinstalled it to my account. Still not right

Best Answer

Same story. After a long "negotiation", they changed my first C3. I guess the trend is to make you change it to another, new variant.

Best Answer
0 Votes