Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking anything

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My "new" Fitbit Charge 3, that was purchased in April, is not tracking anything. It's not working at all. What's the deal?

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You're welcome @MaryNek!  

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @MaryNek, welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. 

I'm sorry to see that you've been having trouble with your Charge 3 not tracking your activity. 

Could you please provide a few extra details? Do you mean that your device is not tracking daily information like steps, heart rate, floors, or the device is tracking this information but it's not being synced or transferred to the Fitbit app? 

I've also been informed that you already contacted the Customer Support team for further assistance with this or that you already have a case created with them. Let me know if receive a reply from them. 

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had issues with syncing the device to my phone. I removed the Charge 3 and tried to reinstall and it wouldn't connect for days. I researched and tried again with success in connecting. Now, the fitbit doesn't function at all. Doesn't track anything. It's synced but not tracking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thank you for your reply @MaryNek

Before considering other options, please let me know if you already tried the standard restart procedure described here.

In addition, please check if you've also followed the steps listed here below to complete the long restart procedure: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again. 

Keep me posted on the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did all you asked. It still does not keep track of anything. The time is even wrong. This device was suppose to help me, not cause so much stress. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @MaryNek, thank you for your reply and confirming that you already tried all the suggested steps.  

I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon. Keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know about the outcome. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for trying to help. 

Best Answer

You're welcome @MaryNek!  

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit Charge 3 no longer tracks any movement.  This is a known bug, they have known about it for over one month and it is still not fixed.  A fitness tracker that does not track is worthless.   Today I went for a bike ride, the person I was with tracked the ride to 27.5Km,  My fitbit said it was 0.01 miles!

Best Answer

Hi @TonyBeaumont, thank you for the feedback you've provided and confirming that you've been having the same problem with your Charge 3 not tracking any data. 

I've sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance with this, but was informed that you already have a case created or that you already got in touch with them about this. 

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer

Im having this exact problem with my Fitbit charge 3. It was working fine until yesterday i noticed rapid battery drain. i charged it before bed, wore it to bed and waking up in the morning the battery was depleted. upon charging it again now it tracks nothing, no steps, no stairs, no sleep, no heart rate (even heartrate lights are off). It is syncing but no tracking is happening. I have

1. rebooted (over 10 times) both using the tracker under "about" and using the 8 second method while charging cable is connected.

2. I have cleared user data and re-paired the tracker to the app, but still nothing. it syncs but does not track any activity.

i dont know what else to try, been on the forums all day.

Best Answer

I have managed to fix my problem.  On my phone I deleted the cache from the app ands also deleted all the app data and ran it again.  Logged in and everything worked fine.  That is on an android device where you can delete app data in the app manager. 

You could delete the app and reinstall it as another option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately i have tried this and it has not worked out for me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's good news, thank you for sharing this update @TonyBeaumont😀

@djsamomol, thank you for confirming that you already tried to restart multiple times and other troubleshooting steps. I've gone ahead and sent your information to the Customer Support team for further assistance, so you should be getting a reply soon.

Let me know if you have further questions. 

Best Answer