Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit charge 3 no longer tracks my exercise. I would manually start the tracker which will work for the first few minutes, then a smiley face comes on and all exercise tracked is erased. It does not record any amount of exercise done. Please help... 

Best Answer
43 REPLIES 43

Try changing the minutes for the auto-track on the app. If you go to the exercise days, and press the exercise goals on the upper right corner, it should take you to Exercise Goals. I changed it from 15 minutes to 10 minutes for all of the exercises and I haven't had a problem after doing that yet. I do have to sync the app to my watch several times before it registers on the app, but hey- give it a try. 

Best Answer

How often does this need to be done? I'm having the same problem today. I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I've restarted my watch twice. do I need to just manually record my activity?

Best Answer

I've tried

Soft reset of fitbit

Hard reset of fitbit

Adjusting times against excercise  types

Restarting phone

And it still won't auto track excercise.

Can you let me know what I can try next.

Thanks Jackie

Best Answer

Hi I'm running most evenings and I'm tracking with my fitbit charge 3 and my sports tracker. I'm doing the same kilometers every eve which is 10km. Lately on my fitbit it's not corosponding with my sports app. Yesterday it said I done 10.77km and today 7.67km. Iv synced and rebooted several times and still giving me false kilometers.. any help would be greatly appreciated 

Best Answer

I have reset my Charge 3 by the screen and using the charger and it will not keep my exercise/ transfer it to the app. It will keep track while I am running or walking. When I stop all the info is lost. 

Best Answer

My Fitbit does the same.have tried rebooting it and nothing happens 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the same problem. I manually set my excercise and that dose
register. Hope that helps.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ll try that.thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is the third time in the last few months that my charge 3 is not tracking exercise.  I have done the reboot and hard reset without success.  Very frustrating.

Best Answer

I tried the reboot from the tracker by going to settings on my tracker then reboot, when will it show my exercise for the day? It is not syncing with my app or my computer account. I exercised for 35 minutes this morning. this is the first tim ethis has ever happened.

Best Answer
Hi, I've found you have to set your exercise manually on your watch. A bit
of a pain but the only way I've found will record exercise. Best of luck.
Jackie
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my Charge 3 just over a month ago, and now that it's too late to return, I'm finding that it doesn't record always exercise. First it was a bike ride. Now it's more frequent sustained walks, well more than 15 minutes. I've tried the reboot, loose strap, etc. 

Very disheartening.

Best Answer
When I know I'm exercising I manually set excercise option this is the only
way I have managed to get my recording. Hope that helps.
Best Answer

Thank you. It seems a poor statement about the promises and quality of Fitbit, however.

Best Answer

Try contacting Fitbit customer service.  Your device is within the 1 year warranty and should be replaced.  Be sure to tell all of the troubleshooting you have done up to this point. My Charge 3 still didn't work after all the troubleshooting.  Because it was almost 2 years old, it couldn't be replaced but Fitbit gave me a 35% off coupon on a replacement product.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you try using the auto recognize feature?  Sometimes that works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

my Charge 3 records some exercise sessions and not others. it is entirely unpredictable. i just did 2 separate sessions - First, a 20 min walk; second,  32 mins elliptical. the walk was recorded; the elliptical was not. I inserted the elliptical manually. problem with this is Charge 3 sometimes double counts the steps if you record the exercise manually. not always. it is  this, too, is unpredictable. I mind so much less if Charge 3 records something incorrectly in as much as it is not exactly the same type of exercise - like eg it sometimes says i have done a walk when it was elliptical - i don't mind that. I mind a lot when it does not record a piece of exercise at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. I have had this for almost 2 years and it has worked fine up until now. Now all the sudden whenever I try to start a certain exercise session through the Fitbit it lets me click on let's go and then I get a 🙂 and the whole thing reboots. I have tried all the suggestions and nothing has worked. I am quite disappointed. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! @sueq1146, welcome to the community forums! 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for the troubleshooting steps you've tried prior to posting! Charge 3 can automatically track your activity or exercise with the Exercise app on your tracker. Note that your Charge 3 can also use the GPS sensors on your nearby phone to capture GPS data. For more information, please check the product manual. On page 30. 

On a side note, if you have restarted your Charge 3 and the inconvenience has persisted, the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

Hope this helps. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work..

I did this and it didn't work.. thanks though..

Yes we did and still doesn't work.. fitbit needs to fixn it.

This is not good we buy this stuff and pay good money and fitbit can't fixn it..

Moderator Edit: Merged posts/format

Best Answer