Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 not tracking sleep accurately

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 TYPICALLY  logs my sleep as follows: the log begins 2 or 2+ hours after I lie down to go to sleep, then logs maybe and hour and a half in the middle of the night, and another hour or so in the 5AM area. My fitbit is on "sensitive set". I am restless usually for the first hour before I get to sleep. 

My Fitbit is of no use to me if it doesn't accurately log my sleep, and log it in the sleep stages mode. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

My issue is similar, I wake up several times a night, but my Charge 3 is only recording the 1st leg of sleep. Example last night I went to bed at 9 pm, awoke at 12:25 am, again at 2:15 am, and again at 3:49 am, before getting up at 7:07 am.  I get leg cramps at night that wake me up, or sometimes I sleep too warm. My tracker is capturing my steps, when I get up, but not the additional sleep since my 1st leg of sleep. I received this for Christmas, and my average sleep for the week is 2 hr 10 minutes.. I am usually in bed from 10-10:30- 6 am. waking typically twice a night.  I have changed my setting to sensitive from normal. Thoughts here?

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
42 REPLIES 42

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Cene! Did you just receive your Charge 3? If so, note that sleep stages are based on heart rate data. Therefore, give the heart rate a few days to settle down. It does some calculations, looking at heart rate throughout the day and while you are sleeping, so it might just not have enough data to give a reasonable value yet.

Make sure that you're getting a solid heart rate reading , since sleep stages requires consistent HR. For best results, wear your device higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight. Also, double check that your watch is charged up. 

Additionally, I'd recommend checking the following that could be preventing you from receiving sleep stages:

• If you used the "Begin Sleep Now" option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your device to bed).
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.

For more information about why you see your sleep pattern, tap or click the sleep record that shows your sleep pattern. 

In addition, I think it's great that you update the Fitbit app to the latest version (iOS and Android). I always recommend keeping both the tracker and the Fitbit app up to date with the latest versions. 

I'd also try to restart the tracker by following these steps.

Hope this helps my friend! Smiley Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sadly, the community comments didn't help. I changed the setting from sensitive to normal (I don't know why it was on sensitive) and that didn't make any difference. I am a very restless sleeper and it takes me a long time to fall asleep. Even so, if I were sleeping as badly as the Fitbit records indicate, I'd be a mess and I'm not. I get ready to sleep at around 11. The Fitbit graph doesn't start, usually, until about 2 AM.  Fitbit records maybe 3 hours of sleep. The early morning hours end  on Fitbit at , say, 4: 30 or 5, and I sleep until 7:30 or 8.  Is there anything I can do?

Best Answer

My issue is similar, I wake up several times a night, but my Charge 3 is only recording the 1st leg of sleep. Example last night I went to bed at 9 pm, awoke at 12:25 am, again at 2:15 am, and again at 3:49 am, before getting up at 7:07 am.  I get leg cramps at night that wake me up, or sometimes I sleep too warm. My tracker is capturing my steps, when I get up, but not the additional sleep since my 1st leg of sleep. I received this for Christmas, and my average sleep for the week is 2 hr 10 minutes.. I am usually in bed from 10-10:30- 6 am. waking typically twice a night.  I have changed my setting to sensitive from normal. Thoughts here?

Best Answer

My problem is similar. It tracks half a night. Last night from 9.30pm - 1.00am and then the night before from 4.00am - 7.00am. In both cases the light on the screen came on intermittently during the period that it wasn't tracking. I am a poor sleeper and wake up about 5 ish times a night and do alot of tossing and turning. It is set to normal. I have had the devise for 3 days.

Best Answer

I just got my Charge3, and mine is doing a similar thing.  I had the Charge2 before and never had issues.  Mine doesn't record any sleep after about 3:30 a.m. every morning.  I don't get out of bed until 5:30 a.m.  My husband gets up at 3:15 a.m. to go to work.  He tells me that I am snoring lightly when he leaves for work every morning, so obviously I am asleep.  It's strange because it doesn't record any activity during the time period that I am supposedly awake.  I'm going to try restarting it and give it some time as the one comment suggested.

Best Answer

Thanks for sending. Yesterday my Fitbit accurately put in my fall asleep time (for the first time, but then dropped me off, so to speak, at 4 AM. I may have been awake for a bitm at 4, but I awoke fro sleep at 7:30 and there's nothing after 4. I'm going to try restarting it, too.

Best Answer

I am having same problem and God forbid if I wake up to pee before midnight because those 2-3 hours of sleep don’t count.  I register 3-5 hours of sleep per night, but actually get 7-8 on the average.  Did not have this problem with my regular old charge, but when upgraded to charge 3 sleep tracking is yukky!  Liked my first charge much better.

Best Answer

I restarted mine and it didn't help. It tracks my sleep until I get up to go to the bathroom and then nothing after that. I can fall asleep with a snap of a finger, so I always fall right back to sleep after I get up. But it doesn't track it. 

Best Answer

I am having similar issues with sleep tracking. I think my particular issue is that my normal daytime heart rate is quite low. For example, right now it is 45 bpm because I am sitting and writing this. My resting HR is similar: 45 bpm. Your solution suggests waiting “a few days” for the tracker to “settle down”. My question is: how many days is a “few”?

Best Answer
That is not my solution. I have had my charge 3 since October and it still does not track sleep correctly. On weekdays I am asleep by 9:00 pm and it does not track sleep until 12:30 am. I do not know what the problem with the charge 3 is, but I find it very annoying and am thinking about going to a different brand. (Cause the orginal Fitbit’s worked fine, but when they try to improve them they usually have faults). Lots of complaints out ther.

Anne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Waiting a few days is not my solution. I have had the charge 3 since October and it still doesn’t track my sleep correctly.  I am actually thinking about trying a different brand cuz Charge 3 is not an improvement for me.  According to me I sleep between 7-8 hrs per night according to Charge 3 I sleep 3 hours

Best Answer

It didn't work for me either.  I can't find where I saw that solution. Now, i just go in and edit what time I get up. The funny thing is that when I refresh it shows me asleep during that time with the blue and red patterns/graph. Originally it will have me sleeping until 3:30 a.m. It always has my falling asleep time correct. It just thinks I get up every morning around 3:30 until I tell it otherwise. Then it corrects the graph and time asleep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
How do you edit sleep log? Mine will not let me edit.

Anne
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having a similar problem. My sleep tracking is far from accurate. It used to be much better with my charge II. I was quite happy with the information it provided & felt that this information was a close approximation of reality. Some time ago it became irritatingly unreliable with the Charge II; so much so that even though the Charge II was working well in all other regards, I purchased a new Charge III hoping that this would solve the problem. It has not. I have checked the website & blog without finding a solution.
I am hoping there is a solution to this problem soon.Let me know.
Thanks
Gordon

Best Answer
I’m still having the same trouble I reported on. I do think that part of
the problem is that I am an erratic sleeper, but if I were sleeping as
little as reported, i’d be a zombie and I am most decidedly not.
Best Answer

I get up 4 to 6 times every night as I have a condition but my problem is the opposite. Fitbit detects the time I get up and go back to sleep quite well but it's very inaccurate about when I'm resting. I typically rest for the last hour in the morning without sleeping and Fitbit always records it as sleep  so it's reporting 1 hour more sleep than I get. It appears its sleep tracking is only close to accurate for the restful sleepers who probably don't need to be monitoring their sleep 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This did not help me.  I've worn my Charge 3 for over a month and it was tracking my sleep fine.  A few weeks back it stopped tracking accurately.  Do you have any other suggestions?

Best Answer

I have the same issues. I also was in contact with the German support, but their hints did not work. Did you contact your support? Maybe they have a solution. And I hope the more people contact support the more they are ware of the problem.

Best Answer
It started tracking my sleep on its  own. I have no idea what I did to make it start. I wear a mouth piece at night to help with my snoring.  The one I was using was worn out and not working. I changed to a new device at the same time my Fitbit started tracking my sleep.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes