Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 registers incorrect miles

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 3 has suddenly started adding extra miles to my cycle rides. Yesterday went out and according to the computer on my bike and also the one on my wife’s bike and her map my ride app we did approximately 15 miles but my Fitbit app says we did nearly 26. Today it almost doubled the distance we did. Computers on bikes said 6 miles. Fitbit app says 13 ! 
The maps on my Fitbit app and on my wife’s map my ride app are showing exactly the same route. Any thoughts as to problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @SunsetRunner, it's great to see you in our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 3 is registering extra miles to your cycle rides. I totally understand how you feel about this.

Please restart your Charge 3 as describe din this help article. After this, I'd like you to check out this help page, which explains how your Fitbit device tracks GPS data and it also includes some troubleshooting steps for you to try.

Finally, monitor your cycle rides and see if your Charge 3 provides and registers accurate data.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi JuanJo

Thanks for your suggestions. I have done as you suggested and although I’ve not had a chance since to go for a long cycle ride I have done a couple of walks - one of 5 and one of 10 miles and the distance covered seems to match up with other apps. I’ll see what happens next time I get out on my bike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner, thank you for taking the time to try the recommended suggestions. Don't hesitate to get back if you see anything unusual and I'll be glad to help you.

See you around!

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes