Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 reset button stuck and black screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Charge3 (October 10th) side button is stuck, screen is black. Any possibility of "un-sticking" the button????

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

It's a heptic "button" which means there's nothing there that can stick as it's not a physical button.

Why do you say it's stuck and let's see if we can work out what the actual issue is for you?

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Charge 3, Blaze (Retired), One (Retired) / iPhone XS Max (iOS 12.2)

Please visit Fitbit Help if more help is needed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well if this is the case, when touching the "heptic button" there is NO display on the screen. My Charge3 is 60% charged, as shown on my app & computer dashboard. It worked fine last night and this morning. Now it's not displaying anything.

Best Answer

Well if this is the case, when touching the "heptic button" there is NO
display on the screen. The Charge3 is 60% charged, as shown on my app &
computer dashboard. It worked fine last night and this morning. Now it's
not displaying anything.

--

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay the first step to try is to place it into the charger and then hold the side button for around 8 seconds or so to try and force a restart of it.

Also, just to check, is the green heart rate sensor on the back still working?

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, did all this, and after the 3rd try it's finally booted up....weird, now the time is incorrect! Oh well, at least it's back up. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The time will correct itself when you next sync to the app 🙂

Glad it's working again - it could just be that you didn't hold the side "button" for long enough to initiate a restart. I've done that before now so now I make sure I hold it for about double the amount of time 😄

So glad you're back up and running!

Community Council Member

Sean | London, England

Best Answer

I'm having a similar problem with my fitbit charge 3 had it since March and was working fine until last night. Nothing happens when I touch the screen or there's no vibration when I press the heptic button and there's no green sensor light underneath.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem. The button does not respond and putting it on the charger only makes it get hot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.putting it on the charger made it very hot.  Button still stuck and no green light

Claire F 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @pink008.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your device. The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with our Support team online or give them a call. They will evaluate the issue and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected. 

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer