Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen blank

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I had my Charge 3 working one day.. charged it fully..wore it to bed...next morning there was no display.. it still vibrates and syncs but no display whatsoever 

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Princessdano It's great to see that you've visited the Fitbit Community!

Let me help you with your Charge 3 screen not working. Please restart your tracker by doing the following:

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Clip the other end of the charging cable to the port on the back of the tracker. The pins on the charging cable must lock securely with the port.
  3. Make sure the button on your tracker is aligned with the button opening on the charging cable. You’ll know the connection is secure when the tracker vibrates and you see a battery icon on your tracker’s display.
  4. Press and hold the button on your tracker for 8 seconds. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
  5. Disconnect your tracker from the charging cable.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Alvaro,

I followed your instructions and nothing has changed. 🙁

Best Answer

Me too. They want to give me a discount on a new one. It's my second one. I would like a longer warranty. 

Best Answer
Good news for me - I cleaned it thoroughly, left it in charge all day and it is working. Not a bright as it was but visible. Not sure how long it will last🤞
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey how did you clean it exactly? 

I've tried so many resets with no results. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I just used a DRY nail brush
Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

To me, with this happening to so many people in such a short time frame, this sounds like a software problem.  I wish they would own up and acknowledge the problem and fix it... it can't be everybody's unit all at once 

Best Answer

Hi Alvero, I see others with the same issue are getting cases opened up with customer support and some receiving refurbished units. Will this be the case? This is extremely frustrating on a unit that is a year old and some software issue has caused a bunch to crash and burn. 

Best Answer

Mine is doing the exact same thing it so frustrating I’ve tried everything 

Best Answer

Hello everyone. Sorry to hear that your Charge 3 screens aren't working as they should.

@Nat82 @Jules796 @Chongksta I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email. @Princessdano the replacement may be new or refurbished depending on what warehouse has in stock.

@Nat82 @HairGurl007 I noticed that you already have tickets with Support so please work with them to find a solution.

Let me know how it goes.

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution they gave me (a discount that would only be an additional $3 or so off of the black Friday sale on a Fitbit charge 4) is not satisfactory. I would consider it if they added the 2 year warranty as well. If Fitbit is so good and wants to keep customers their products should last at least 2 years. 

Best Answer

@HairGurl007 Thank you for your reply.

Support does follow the guidelines described in the warranty so if your device is outside the warranty period they won't be able to replace it. Still thank you for sharing your feedback. If you wish a longer warranty you can purchase an extended warranty from the Fitbit store. You also have this option with other retailers like Amazon.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes