Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen dull

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hlo, had charge 3 for under 2 years and the screen is so dull I cannot read it there is also a missing line through the numbers.

Any help please?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

UPDATE as of 25/01/22

In fairness to Fitbit: I used their in app chat today, and they sent me an Offer email giving me a Replacement Charge 3 ( tracker only) FOC, OR 50% off any other Tracker.

I opted for the free replacement, as I don’t need the extras the more recent models offer.

I will update, once it arrives.

I had mine for 1yr 8 months. I think the UK warranty is 2 years.

I should have raised my issue with them earlier, as it’s been playing up fo months, with a screen getting less bright, as time went on ( screen blank now).

So don’t give up!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19
Hi, yes I've tried both of those and like you say less than 2yrs wear from
a costly item isn't good. Think I'll move brands not prepared to buy new
every 18 months when I know people who have a cheaper brand and have more
years wear from it

Disappointing
Best Answer

Mine is the same way. It's gotten so faded that I can't read it in a normally lit room or outside. I have to go into a dark room to see the display. I've tried restarting it several times, but it's progressively gotten worse. 

Best Answer

Same problem here. No visible display. Data showing on app though. Fitbit no help. Lesson learnt.

Best Answer

Same problem.  It will not reset

Best Answer

Totally agree. Looking at better products.  

Best Answer

After doing more searches, this seems to been a common issue with the Charge 3 for at least the past 2-3 years. But instead of fixing it, they've just let it go, and offer a small discount on a new product when someone reports it.  🙄 Guess I'll be looking into different brands, since I don't want to have to pay to replace my tracker every 2 years. 

Best Answer

I have the same issue. My Charge 3 is 3 months out of warrenty and the screen extremely dull. So dull in fact that I can only slightly see the clockface when standing in a pitch black room. So, I followed all the given reboot/restart procedures, but to no success. Instead of actually coming with a solution the Fitbit help desk just threw a 35% discount code at it and called it a day. I'm really dissapointed, since you would expect that such a "luxury" tracker would function a little longer than just a little over the warrenty time.....

And, since so many people experience the same issue, I find it quite easy for the Helpdesk to just say "He, here is a discount", instead of trying to solve the problem. 

So, overall extremely dissapointed in both the durability of the tracker and the assistance of the Helpdesk

Best Answer

UPDATE:

In fairness to Fitbit: I used their in app chat today, and they sent me an Offer email giving me a Replacement Charge 3 ( tracker only) FOC, OR 50% off any other Tracker.

I opted for the free replacement, as I don’t need the extras the more recent models offer.

I should have raised my issue with them earlier, as it’s been playing up fo months, with a screen getting less bright, as time went on ( screen blank now).

So don’t give up!

Best Answer

UPDATE as of 25/01/22

So don’t give up!

Best Answer

Palfrey, that's nice that they're giving you a replacement. It sounds like they offered that to you because it was still covered by the warranty. Mine is just over 2 years old, so I was only offered the 35% discount. However, it specifies that the discount can't be used on the Charge 5 (which is the only Charge available on their website). Oh, and the discount is only good for 30 days 😑 

Best Answer

Thank you for the advice, just done the same and had the same offer 

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, I do now.
It was never the same after that update.
As an update to my situation: I did receive a duplicate “pebble” ( which is the Fitbit, without strap, or charger), at no cost.
Wonder how long it will last. Screen brightness is brighter than my old one ever was.
Best Answer

Mine is the same. It’s the 2nd one I have had

B59B44DF-97F0-4A77-BE5D-4313F8DEF8E8.jpeg

Best Answer
If you read my updates, if in warranty, Fitbit may well issue a replacement foc.
Use the Chat in the Fitbit app, to put your case.
Good luck
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I was given  a Charge 3 in Aug 2019, by March 2020 my screen had darkened and I couldn’t read the watch indoors let alone outdoors. Like many other owners I was sent the link on how to reset the brightness, total waste of time. Then an offer on a new charge Fitbit, like I’m going to splash out more cash when the incompetent company won’t fix the existing problem. Shame on them 

Best Answer
Hello.
I got lucky. Was able to prove it was within their warranty. Had an offer of either 50% off a some of the newer models, or a free replacement- which I went for. Received replacement a week later. Much brighter than I remember the original to be, when new.
Wonder how long it will last?
But grateful for a free replacement.
Best Answer

lucky you i’ve never had that offer

Best Answer
It seems to be widely accepted that fitbit products only have a lifecycle
of around 12 months. Fitbit don't seem bothered by negative comments - they
just remove them from the community boards
Best Answer

Hello everybody!

Thanks for reaching out regarding this situation with the Charge 3. In this case, please be so kind to contact and report this directly with Fitbit Customer Support. They will help you out! We will be closing this thread, there will be no option for future replies. Please direct to customer support. Have a nice day.

Regards!

Best Answer