Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 screen is too dim

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Charge 3 for less than two years and starting a couple of weeks ago I noticed the screen becoming dimmer. The brightness is always set on either auto or high and it is charged. Now when I look at the screen it’s so dark that I can’t see anything but I can feel the vibrations and it is completely charged. It continues to sync to my Fitbit app on my iPhone as well. If the room is pitch black then I can see the faintest outline of the screen if I really focus on it. I’m wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this. Thanks you!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Shaha2 , it is worth double checking your screen brightness settings because sometimes they get inadvertently changed and are set to Dim without the user being aware.  It might be worth toggling between the settings - (normal to dim back to normal). You will definitely need to be in a dark room to do this, as the Dim setting is nearly invisible!

restart might also help.

Having said that, I have an older Charge 3 (I can’t remember how old, but I got it when it first came out) and I have noticed that its screen seems to be much dimmer than it used to be - this may be something that happens as it ages.

If changing the screen settings and restart don’t help then it may be that your Fitbit is coming to the end of its useful life.  In that case, if you are thinking of upgrading it may be worth getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com , as I know they are sometimes able to offer a discount to loyal customers looking to upgrade.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @Shaha2 , it is worth double checking your screen brightness settings because sometimes they get inadvertently changed and are set to Dim without the user being aware.  It might be worth toggling between the settings - (normal to dim back to normal). You will definitely need to be in a dark room to do this, as the Dim setting is nearly invisible!

restart might also help.

Having said that, I have an older Charge 3 (I can’t remember how old, but I got it when it first came out) and I have noticed that its screen seems to be much dimmer than it used to be - this may be something that happens as it ages.

If changing the screen settings and restart don’t help then it may be that your Fitbit is coming to the end of its useful life.  In that case, if you are thinking of upgrading it may be worth getting in touch with Fitbit Customer Support on contact.fitbit.com , as I know they are sometimes able to offer a discount to loyal customers looking to upgrade.

Good luck!  Let us know how it goes.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer