Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped tracking Sleep

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 3 has completely stopped tracking my sleep. Yes I have moved it up in my wrist and I am sleeping at least 6 hours a night

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Jezabelle72 Thank you very much for your reply! 

Since the inconvenience has persisted, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3, a long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't help, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Jezabelle72. Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you for the information and for the tips you've followed. At this time, I'd recommend performing a restart to your Charge 3 by following the instructions here: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

After the restart, please try to change the Sleep sensitivity setting. For example, if your sleep is now set to Normal, try to change it to Sensitive and test your Fitbit device. Take into consideration that normal mode can work well if you make significant movements like rolling over, your device records time spent awake. This setting is appropriate for most users. In sensitive mode, your device records nearly all movements as time spent restless or awake. This setting may be helpful if you wake up feeling tired even though your sleep history shows sufficient rest.

To change your sleep sensitivity setting:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab, then tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings > Sleep Sensitivity and make your changes. (Note these instructions may vary depending on the model of your mobile device) 

I also recommend visiting the following link for tips and suggestions about Sleep: How do I track my sleep with my Fitbit device?

On a side note, if your Charge 3 experiences any syncing inconvenience, please check: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
Thank you. I tried this yesterday and woke up today without any tracking at all.

Any other ideas?

With gratitude,

Cindy Talbot
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jezabelle72 Thank you very much for your reply! 

Since the inconvenience has persisted, I'd recommend performing a long restart to your Charge 3, a long restart is different than the basic restart and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

If that doesn't help, my best recommendation is that you please reach out to our Support Team for further assistance. Note that you can contact them through chat or over the phone, but Phone wait times are longer than normal, so I recommend initiating a chat. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes