Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped vibrating very recently

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 3 two days ago stopped vibrating.  When i pushed the side button, the vibrating that used to be there is not.  I rebooted it, charged it fully and even tried to change the intensity for the vibrating and it still doesn't vibrate.  I have gone as far as checking my phone for it being in silent mode, and it isn't.  I have tried setting the silent alarm a few times today, it doesn't vibrate.  When I get phone calls or text messages the screen lights up and notifies me of the message, but there is no vibrating.  I am hoping that the vibration can be easily fixed as I use it for an alarm.  Please let me know.

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @Jccelmo It sounds as though the vibration motor has died.  I have flagged a moderator to come and help you.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hi @Jccelmo, nice to see you here again! 

Thank you for all your effort in trying to solve this situation. As a last step, I kindly ask you to perform a long restart by following these steps:

1. Plug your device back into the charging cable and hold the button down for 15 seconds.
  2. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  3. The device turns off.
  4. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  5. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  6. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Let me know if it worked! 

@NellyG thanks for your help! 

Lucia | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Hat dir dieser Post geholfen? Bezeichne ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos 😄

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LuciaFitbit,

Thank you for suggesting to do a reboot.  I have performed the steps that you suggested twice.  I plugged it in and it immediately went to the battery icon,  pushed on the side button for 15 seconds, loaded the progress bar, then to a black screen and then to a happy face.  Unfortunately even after completing the steps twice, the fitbit still does not vibrate.  

I am hoping that there is a solution that can solve this problem.

Best Answer

contact support on the fitbit support page. I had a replacement sent for this fault

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG 

Thank you for forwarding my issue to a moderator.  I responded back to @LuciaFitbit about my results on the 30th but have not heard anything from them since.  My fitbit is still not vibrating.   Can you please advise on who I should contact at this point, so I can have my issue resolved.

Thank You

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Jccelmo You can wait for  @LuciaFitbit to get back to you (I dont the days he works), but all moderators are usually good about coming back. Or you can contact Support directly - Fitbit Support

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@NellyG ...  i'll wait to see if @LuciaFitbit gets back to me by Tuesday. Otherwise I will reach out to support.

Thank you for letting me know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too am having this exact same issue. I use the timer function on my Charge 3 for work. If i miss the timer, things don't go too well for me (I am a Corrections Officer). I desperately need this issue to be resolved as i have tried everything that i have seen suggested but have had no luck. No vibrations for any sort of notification nor timer/alarms.

Best Answer
0 Votes