Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 stopped working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Mine just randomly stopped working as well. Pretty disappointing, as I can't seem to find anything that will fix it. I've tried resetting it and making sure it's charged. Screen never shows anything anymore, but it will vibrate upon plug-in. Initially for about 10 seconds and on subsequent plug-ins for about 2 seconds. It's strange behavior for sure. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Welcome to the Community Forums @MrG5763

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I appreciate for already restarting your Charge 3. I understand how this could make you feel, if you haven't tried, I suggest changing the clock face on the Fitbit app. Click here to see the instructions. 

If the inconvenience persists, let's try performing a long restart. A long restart is different than the basic one and you can complete it by following the instructions below: 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable. 
  2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for 15 seconds. 
  3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short vibration, then a medium vibration. 
  4. The device turns off.
  5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur. 
  6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
  7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

On a side note, I've moved your post to this thread so we can keep our forums organized.

Hope this helps. 

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer
0 Votes
I bought a new Charge 4 in May of this year and so far, so good. I went through 3 charge 3 with the same problem. I’m glad I tried the charge 4, but wish upgrading would have been an option instead of having to pay for a new device when the old one just kept not working!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

Thanks for the detailed instructions. 

I have followed the instructions but not able to complete the 3 point. No battery icon or short vibration.

My Fitbit Charge 3 while is plugged in and when I press the side button it's in vibrating but nothing showing in the display. When it's in plugged out, even the vibration is not occur.

Please help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine stopped working yesterday. Completely dead. Charged it up, lines across the screen (second one in a row, and this one didn't last as long as the first). Charged it to 100%, woke up five hours later and the battery was completely drained.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 3 stopped working during a 5.5 mile hike this weekend.  It vibrated at 10,000 steps, then started vibrating every 5 minutes or so after that.  At completion of our hike, I looked at the screen when I wanted to stop tracking the hike and there was nothing there - no clock face, hike tracking, etc.  The screen was black.  When I got home, I put it in the charger (even though it was at over 80% when I started my hike).  The usual battery icon did not appear, and there was no vibration or any sort of indication that it had been put into the charger.  I then proceeded to try to do the long restart as described above, but the watch face remained blank, and there were no vibrations.  I also tried syncing the watch to the App on my phone, but that doesn't work either.  So, it would seem my Charge 3 has completely died, and it's not just a screen issue.  This is my 4th Fitbit in about 5 years.  The first one was replaced by FitBit, but I've had to purchase new ones all the other times.  I'm ready to try Apple or Amazon's new fitness tracker, but would prefer to stick with my trusty Charge 3 if at all possible.

Best Answer