Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 timezone not working properly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been using Charge 2 for two years and now Charge 3 for a month, and both have the same problem: Time zone changes almost never sync correctly. There are various workarounds, but it's quite serious flaw if your watch does not show correct time without some extra tricks. Since the data required by time zone + time settings of phone is minimal, it boggles my mind why Fitbit Charge 2/3 do not sync this data every time by default from phone. You always have to play around with your profiles "Advanced" settings to get it sync correctly. Also, hard to understand why the issue has not been fixed in two years, there are numerous complaints about it already even in this forum. After buying Charge 3, really disappointing to see this still has the same bug which was present in Charge 2.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @janikajala, hope you're doing great! The time on your Fitbit device may be wrong after you travel to a different time zone or when clocks change for Daylight Savings. 

Sync your Fitbit device to see the correct time. For more information, see How do Fitbit devices sync their data?

If you're traveling between time zones with your tracker, and the time on your device is still incorrect after syncing and to avoid data loss, make sure the time zone setting is correct.

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon.
  2. Tap Advanced Settings.
  3. Under Time Zone, turn off the Set Automatically option.
  4. Tap Time Zone and select the correct time zone.
  5. Sync your Fitbit device.

Hope this helps, I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I had the same problem and found that my Aotomatic Time Zone was off. It was fixed exactly as recommended in this post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've done as you instructed multiple times, and my Charge 3 is still stuck in a previous time zone. My app is set to Automatic Time Zones, the app and the Charge 3 have synched, but no change. I even tried changing the specified time zone and synching, but my Charge 3 remains in its original time zone. I've also tried closing/restarting the app, restarting my phone, turning bluetooth off/on, restarting my Charge 3, clearing Charge 3 data, unpairing/repairing (which was an ordeal in itself), and I've set up the Charge 3 again within the app.  Nothing changes. This is ridiculous. 

Best Answer

This is exactly what I mean by "extra tricks". I should not need to go through various menus, choose time zone manually,

etc it my phone shows correct time. The watch should just sync the time & settings from phone as is.

Best Answer

I finally got it to update, but not in an acceptable way. I went to my account settings on the website (not the app) and changed my time zone there.  Then I logged out of the app and logged in again. Once that was done, the time on my Charge 3 updated at the next synch.  This was only a workaround. If I have to go through this again when I change time zones, I'll expect a real solution to get the Automatic Time Zone function to work. Otherwise, Ill expect an exchange or refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok, I'll be traveling to a different time zone later today  I've verified (once again) that Automatic Time Zone and Automatic Location are on. Fingers crossed that the time on my Charge 3 updates without any special fiddling from me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Success!  This time the time zone updated!  Let me be clear though...When I first reported this issue, my settings were correct - Automatic Time Zones, etc. Something must have been changed on the backend to ensure this feature would function as it should.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing changed on the backend as I had to manually force my Charge 3 to update time zones yesterday. I had to toggle automatic time zone on/off and it finally worked. This was after hours of trying to get it to update just via sync. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does not work. None of the fixes listed here work. Ridiculous. Add this to the need to change clock face twice a day to get the screen to work and. Have had enough. I will be returning my Fitbit and demanding a refund. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m on a different time zone now and I tried everything.  Turned off automatic time zone, synced my fitbit 3 umptheen times, rebooted it 5 times and still no time change.  Frustrating!!!   I’ll try to see if it will change with WIFI when I get to Hotel.  By the way Fitbit App changed to the correct time zone but the tracker won’t 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying all day to get my fitbit charge 3 tracker to switch time zones.  Nothing works.  I took off the set automatically time, toggled it back and forth, synced the tracker with the app, rebooted the tracker 10x times.  Anything else I can try? Thx 

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  no matter what I do -- I follow instructions -- time zone will not change. 

Best Answer

Having this same problem for the first time, it has always automatically adjusted in the past?  Went in today & noticed the "Set Automatically" option is now missing from the time zone drop down menu!  I had to manually set my new time zone & then resync.  I hope deleting the set automatically option is just temporary & a real fix for this issue will be completed.  Manually having to change time zones by logging into the app on my computer is not a solution, it is a work around.. Note the advanced settings does not appear under the Account settings on the iPhone app version, therefor I had to use the computer app version!  Another irritant!!

Best Answer